PDA

View Full Version : Does this happen to anyone else?

Mark801
20-04-12, 23:23
Hey guys, I'm in such a state and I can't log onto chat for some reason. I really think that I'm starting to become agoraphobic and its really freaking me out.

I woke up this morning with chest discomfort that's only revealed a few seconds by burping. It this weird pressure feeling, very hard to describe.

I exercised last night for 15 minutes just to reassure myself as I felt it last night after eating as well. I had no problems, in fact I felt great.

But my problem is I exercise at home and feel fine. But the second I step out of my house and I start walking away, I begin to feel really anxious(heart racing/trouble breathing/chest pains/stuck feeling in chest/throat/feeling hot/like I'm gonna fall over and die-full blown panic)

As soon as I make it back home I'm fine. I'm scared that I will never be able to leave my house because of these feelings. Going to school and work is starting to become hard.

Please does anyone feel this way. I'm still trying to log into chat but until then, can someone please respond. :weep::weep::weep::weep::weep::weep::weep::weep:

needhelp1
20-04-12, 23:37
it sounds like panic attack. you will get strong support here.Dont be afraid as they r not really dangerous to u..its all just your emotional feel

Em84
21-04-12, 06:25
Hi Mark....

This sounds like something similar to what I'm having recently. I posted a week back or so as for no reason when I was happy in town with hubby and kids my heart started racing even standing still in a shop...had other bit like dizziness....within 30 mins of getting home I was fine again.

The last few days I've stayed in unless going to the shop for essentials but have fount that every time I need to get the little one from school, I'm good for about 5 mins from the house and the closer I get to school the worse I start to feel...I don't feel fully better until I get home.

I only have H- Anxiety and have never considered being Agraphophic nor I really wouldn't want to be....I love being out.....

I wish I could tell you why it happens...I'm trying to figure if there's something triggering the initial fear...

You have to push yourself to get out...it's horrible but if we give in to it then not only we wil ever worry about our health but we will be dealing with this on top....
:hugs:

honeyb
21-04-12, 11:12
I get it too, feel ok at home with my hubby and little boy, but start to feeling panicky when i leave the house, or if i'm left alone in the house. The thing to do it to keep pushing yourself to got out, otherwise you will let anxiety and panic beat you. Go for a walk and say to yourself you are not going to die, nothing is going to happen to me and the more you do it the better you will feel. xx