PDA

View Full Version : Soo, Im not alone after all!!

jess14615
21-04-12, 02:28
Hi all! I am soo happy to find this board and realize I am not alone. Whew!
My name is jessica. I am 33 years old, I have 2 girls 15 and 6 and married. My husband is a police officer and I am a stay at home mother. I take care of my mother who lives with us. I live in NY.

I have had panic ever since I was little, I can still rember my first attack, I was in second grade and it was scary as hell! I still battle EVERY day and it really sucks. Its not fair. I have a phobia of hospitals, my health, death and at times agoraphobia. I have been diagones with panic and anxiety disorder. It takes me 5 or 6 tries to leave the house and when I do I have to stay within 5 minutes of my house. I have been on every medication, with horrible side affects. Nothing has worked:weep: I feel I am at the end of my rope here.

nomorepanic
21-04-12, 02:38
Hi jess14615

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

stormyok10
21-04-12, 08:56
Hi jess14615
Welcome & am sure you will find help & friendship on this site. Big Hug

caroline-j
21-04-12, 09:12
Hi Jessica. Welcome to the site. I find it a real comfort here. Like you my Panic and anxieties started at school. May I ask what you think it was inparticular that started these feelings. All the best and take care. x

Pipkin
21-04-12, 22:49
Hi there and a warm :welcome:

I'm sure you'll find loads of members here who share your experience and that you'll find it comforting to see that you're not alone.

Take care and keep posting

Pip xx

jess14615
22-04-12, 03:02
Hi Jessica. Welcome to the site. I find it a real comfort here. Like you my Panic and anxieties started at school. May I ask what you think it was inparticular that started these feelings. All the best and take care. x
I dont think I could even pinpoint it. My childhood wasnt the best, the first 10 years of my life my father was a very bad and abusive alcholic. I know my grandma had panic and anxiety (undiagnosed but looking back I see it). I just rember one day I wasnt feeling well in school and went to go to the nurses office and there was a whole bunch of adults in the entrance and I had an overwhelming sence of fear and couldnt breath. Over the years it has come and gone, but I wish it would go forever:yahoo:

Thank you everyone for the welcome!

caroline-j
22-04-12, 11:44
Thanks for getting back to me Jessica. Soz to hear about your childhood. Cudnt have been easy for you. Hope things get better for you. Would love to talk to you more. Take care x

AngelHeart
22-04-12, 21:46
Welcome to NMP where I'm sure you will meet alot of new friends :)

jessicalittler79
23-04-12, 05:55
welcome to nmp ,just wanted to say hi and say u are not alone tc if u ever need talk we are all here for u

little wren
23-04-12, 09:06
Hi jess and :welcome: no you are not alone...you'll see many suffer from health anxiety (think its the biggest forum on here) and as for agoraphobia I know how horrid that is. There's some good advice around on how to cope with it.

little wren x