PDA

View Full Version : Sick or anxiety, how to tell?

nomace
21-04-12, 11:47
Hi all! I am new here! I am 35 female and over the last few months have come down with something.....I am all consumed in figuring it out! Is it HA and panic or something worse? I have constant tingling, heart palps, parts of my body feel like their vibrating at times, aching all over, no energy, sometimes I get goosebumps over just part of my body, chills generally I feel horrible and cry all the time!!been to gp, endo, cardio, Nero, but I feel like they r missing something b/c it can't be normal to feel this way after being healthy as can be for 35 years! Does anyone have a situation like mine? Life is sooo hard w/4 kids I don't have the luxury of being sick....I have to keep going and it is becoming harder to do this.....not sure how long I can go on like this! I just started taking lexapro this week and take Adivan as needed.....but I feel like what I really need is a diagnosis and meds of my physical situation ....can u really feel sooo physically sick w/anxiety???? Please help!!!!

honeyb
21-04-12, 12:20
Hi nomace, sounds like health anxiety to me, this is how if feel daily. I get very cold sometimes then flushed face etc. I have a little boy and also can't be ill and lie in bed, you have to get up and take care of them. I get palps, feel shakey, sick and nervous, I'm 34. Hope this helps, you are not alone. x

jade1978
21-04-12, 12:41
You sound so much like me, I too have constant tingling, palps, vibrating sensations, my arms and legs are so painful, I am so fatigued, previously I was never ill. Ive had lots of tests too, and feel like there is definately a cause yet to be found. Ive got a 2nd opinion with a Neuro in a months time and just the anxiety of that is making me feel even worse. Plus my dr won't put me on anti d's until Ive seem the Neuro 'just in case.' I really hope you start to feel better soon x

nomace
21-04-12, 14:42
Thank you guys for your responses, this was my first post and it is very nice to have this support ..can u tell me how yours came on? Mine was out of the blue back In feb...and hasn't left...is that normal? Or should HA come on more gradual!!???

honeyb
21-04-12, 16:11
My HA is always worse when someone i know has an illness or dies. It can come on suddenly for no reason though.

AutumnRose92
21-04-12, 20:10
I wouldn't like to speculate on whether you are ill or not. However if I were you I would take comfort in the fact that several medical professionals have said that they don't think there is anything wrong. You are of course perfectly entitled to ask for a second, third, fourth opinion if that is what you want- it is your health, and it is important.

What I can say from experience is that I always feel more unwell if I am thinking about it... I don't have the exact same issues as you, some of them are similar but on top of it I also get quite a few headaches. It is well documented that heart palps etc are signs of panic and stress so it is possible for this to be the cause. I feel terrible when I get really anxious, so you are not the only one in that respect as I am sure plenty of people will tell you.

As you say what you need is a 'physical diagnosis'- I can appreciate this- some days I think I am anxious other days I think I am dying- I want to know what is wrong with me, but it may be that there isn't a 'physical diagnosis', which is hard, but if you can accept that you will begin to feel better.
My advise is that you get a second GP opinion, I don't say this because I think you are ill, I have no idea either way, what I am saying is it is perfectly possible that it's just HA and from what you are saying a second opinion is what you need to reassure you.

Try to relax and see how you feel.

Best Wishes.