PDA

View Full Version : Newbie Here!

CandaceLaRissa
21-04-12, 15:33
Hi! My name is Candace! I suffer from anxiety/panic attacks! My anxiety mainly comes on at night! I have no clue why and don't understand! I can't fall asleep to save my life! My heart races a million moles per hour and sometimes feel as if i can't breathe! I've been on Xanax for years but lowered myself down to .5 at night bc of dependency and also bc I was taken off them once and went through severe withdrawals! Ifor a while now I haven't even had to take it then bAM 4 wks ago vie needed it very night to sleep then forced to drink caffeine next day bc I'm dragging! I also get panic attacks when I'm sick or when I get on planes(I visit my fam every 3 months in Florida ) so I can't leave w/o meds! I'm also currently ttc #2, I have 1daughter but put it in hold bc of anxiety and scared to be pregnant and not be able to take meds! Sorry for long story but if anyone has any advice or new meds that is safe "if" I got pregnant I'd greatly appreciate it! Or even meds to help me sleep at night that's not so addictive! I've tried alot already!! Thanks everyone!

diane07
21-04-12, 15:34
Hi CandaceLaRissa

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

Deepest Blue
21-04-12, 16:08
Hi and :welcome:to the forum, I hope you will find it helpful for you.

I am exactly like you and I've posted a few times here that I have trouble sleeping. My anxieties occurr mainly when trying to sleep or during work. I have yet to understand how to manage the night time anxieties however I have tried to listen to soft ambient or chillout music which has *sometimes* helped..

Hope you'll feel better soon....

Take Care.

Vanilla Sky
21-04-12, 19:32
Hi and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Pipkin
21-04-12, 20:16
Hi Candace and a big, warm :welcome:

I know you'll find lots of people here who share your experiences and that you'll also be able to give a lot to others.

Take care and keep posting

Pip x