PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety causing insomnia & heart to race!

CandaceLaRissa
21-04-12, 15:49
Hi! 1st post on this site! I've suffered from anxiety/panic attacks fir Years! They mostly come on as soon as my head hits the pillow, so odd! I'm so tired and even sleepy half the time but as soon as I get in bed my heart races really fast and I can't seem to concentrate on my breathing, also mu DH snorning doesnt make it any easier trying to concentrate! I take .5 Xanax( I refuse to take any higher dose) seeing vie Been taken off it before and went through extreme withdrawals :( how can i calm my heart down? I've Been ok until 4 wks ago and BAM it starts again, sucks! We've been ttc 2nd child but took break bc of this! And advice? Remedies? Sleep meds that work? I'm scared to get pregnant then nit be able to take anything! Thanks for listening!

AngelHeart
22-04-12, 00:12
Go back to your Dr and ask for a beta blocker. These slow your heart down and will enable you to relax. Have you just thought about maybe sleeping on the couch too for a night or 2? I use to do this when my anxiety was high as I always associated going to bed with having my panic attacks but could fall asleep on the couch no trouble so when I was really bad I use to just get duvet and let myself naturally fall asleep on the couch whilst watching telly. xx