PDA

View Full Version : seroxat(ssris)

buxy99
05-07-06, 09:41
hi new around here but just wondered if anyone has been or is still on or withdrawan from seroxat?.8 years ago i was given seroxat for a couple of panic attacks due to hormonal havoc,i was left on it for 6 years,i have been off it 21 months and boy what a hell im still living in.
Give me back my origional problems,anemia,nausea,weepiness and fainting does,does anyone else realise that seroxat and other ssris cause brain injuries that can last 2 years plus?.
Like i said iv been off 21 mths now totally drug free and im suffering panic,anxiety,electrical zaps,headaches,chest pains,dizziness,foggy head,balance impairment,hearing loss/titatus ect ect the list goes on.
Anyone else here relate to the drugs making things 100 worse than anything you ever had?

the8th
06-07-06, 05:55
Buxy that sounds horrible. Have you seen anyone about this?

When did the withdrawal start for you?

Ammeg
06-07-06, 09:42
hey buxy,
i was on seroxat but had no withdrawel symptoms- but u was on it for a long time! I am a firm believer that tablets hide the problem instead of deal with it so maybe all the symptoms ur havin is all the anxiety and panics that were pushed away from being on the meds! I am no doctor and would definatly advice u to go and see urs!!!!
Ammeg

buxy99
06-07-06, 10:05
yes it is horrible and it started 5 days after my last dose,if my symptoms had changed i would guess it was withdrawal and as for a return of symptoms??? no way i never had any of this b4 seroxat ,i had lots of gyne probs that caused hot flushes and hypoglacemia so the odd panic i did have was probably nothing more than a drop in sugar levels.
What peeps don,t seem to understand is these are mind altering drugs you don,t have a chemical imbalance to start with this happens as a result of chemical poisoning from the drugs

Jenny
06-07-06, 10:34
Hello Buxy

I would definately go back and see your GP, or even another one if you do not get satisfaction. I took Seroxat but came off it slowly with no problem. I have read where there are people who have had lots of side effects such as yours, so take heart that you are not on your own. In fact there was a television programme about a woman who had awful side effects afterwards, but she is now totally fine with the help of her doctor and family. I was given Sertraline instead and now I slowly coming off of them. I am trying to be SSRI free

Hope you are soon feeling better.

Jenny xxxxxxxxxxxx

buxy99
06-07-06, 13:32
cheers guys,if i thought for one minute this was not withdrawal and it was relapse i would be finding ways to deal with it.My gp saw me go through a cold turkey attempt in 2002 all i wanted to do was end it all i was in hell,he told me it was depression,does your body feel like its burning with depression? do your arms go numb? get urges to commit suicide?,i didnt have depression before the drug i needed gyne treatment which took me almost 2 years to be referred,even though i had an abnormal hormone test and needed a hyst.
I suppose what im saying is my doc has been a waste of space he wouldn,t give me liquid and told me to wean alternate days which i now find confuses the brain even more,then his way of monitoring my withdrawal was to tell me " what do you want me to do about it",so no i stay away from drugs and doctors.
I can only share my experience and say at 21 mths i still have injuries from the drug and am in touch with others that are still going through this hell,but thanks anyways guys there are lucky peeps for which the drug seems to work well for and not have too many problems,but with 1,500 peeps suing gsk im not unique

mushroomwirral
06-07-06, 21:39
i was on 10mg cipamil but after 9 mnths i tried to get off it so the doc gave me liquid drops which totally confused me as you can hardly see the drops, i went back today and the doc put me back on 10mg tablets i will see what tomorrow brings?

Yvonne
09-07-06, 18:42
Hi buxy
Go to seroxat mad forum and you will see lots of others who have suffered on withdrawal of Seroxat.

I have had a terrible time. I never ever suffered depression only anxiety.

Almost two years ago I was feeling great - I'd been on Seroxat for about 6 years. My doc and I agreed it was time for me to stop the drug. She began withdrawing me fromit but much too quickly.

I went into the most awful withdrawal with sky high anxiety and could not stop crying. Since then I have been on Citalapram which only partially helped and another med called Nortriptylene.

I am now on Sertraline and am hopeful that it's going to help me. I still get very very low and anxious and find it hard to do things I used to do. I am sure that Seroxat leaves its, mark.

Take care
Yvonne

Y Goble

buxy99
10-07-06, 12:13
thanks for that yvonne i know the feeling well i never had depression till i came off the crap,its been hell and too many peeps get put through withdrawal and end up on the drugs merry go round,i didnt know what anxiety was till i started any drugs,and i wont stop till drug companies retract thier" none addictive" logo,for some quitting is just not an option

Yvonne
10-07-06, 12:26
hi Buxy

The drugs are not addictive in that you wouldn't mug your granny to get some more!! However the medications are very very difficult to come off and withdrawal has to be mega slow. Regarding Seroxat, I personally have never ever been through anything like what I went through when I was withdrawing. It was my gp's fault because she was withdrawing me too quickly. I also think it's very hard to get a positive response from an ad post Seroxat.

Sorry if I missed anything in your earlier posts but are you on anything else at the moment?

Take care all

Yvonne

Y Goble

buxy99
10-07-06, 15:49
no i have hemical sensitivity now thanks to seroxat i can,t use household cleaners ,perfume ect ect anymore and also i have become sensitive to lots of stimuli and foods.Medication is a big no no it sends my body into overdrive,i tried ibuprofen for a tooth ache once and boy i was in overdrive,but hey one withdrawal is enough anyways.
I understand where you are coming from with " addictive" and thats how drug companies get away with it ,no you wouldnt fight to get a fix but they didnt explain that your body would come dependant on the crap,so for some peeps that can,t handle the withdrawal,quitting is not an option so in my book im sorry thats addiction

annegibbons3
19-06-10, 13:36
Hello i was on sertraline but gave me svere diarhoea. Has anyone else experienced this or know of an alternative

joyce1980
23-06-10, 05:00
Hey there I was on seroxat for 8years and I have weaned of, I took a tablet 20mg every second day for a few weeks and coped with the withdrawal then I took one half every second day and did this for a month or so and then as I would sometimes feel withdrawals I would take a 5mg of my tablet as this was less than every second day.

Then I was off and no symptoms after that. I think you may still be suffering because you came off cold turkey and shocked your system??? perhaps talk to another psychiatrist about goin back on and then weaning again??? or taking a very small amount still you feel somewhat better.

You really need to talk to a psychiatrist as they deal in these medications, all the best