PDA

View Full Version : Intestinal pain from anxiety????? HELP!

snowwhite
21-04-12, 21:39
I posted on here about a month ago, about my 27 yr. old son who was having very bad abdominal pain, we took him to the ER, they did CT scan, x-rays, blood, urine...and found nothing that would cause this pain! Yet, he was in a LOT of pain, right in the center of his abdomen. Well, that was back in mid March .... it took about a week for him to begin to be able to eat again, he could however drink water thank God.....so, after that week, he began to get better, SLOWLY ........ UNTIL.....a few days ago, this all began again!

He started feeling sickly, he felt nauseas, his abdomen began to ache again, but thank God this time, not as bad...on a scale of 1 - 10, it's about a 5, or maybe a 6 ..... he can't sleep because of it,...he can't eat again (hasn't eaten now again in 5 days), he can drink water, but then again, sometimes not ..... he just lies on our couch, trying to sleep ..... but he can't.
It seems that ANYTHING he eats, regarldless of how bland or soft (such as baby fruits) gives him pain in the intestines! So, here we are again, back to square one~ and he had been doing a bit better for about 10 days or so....

now, my question is, could this be anxiety? he has always been a very sensitive person, he keeps things in, which is bad ..... he tends to "brood" over things (we've talked about that, he realizes that's not good, but he says he can't help it and DOES try not to do that) .... he is EASILY disappointed, and let down ...... and about a year ago, his girlfriend of 5 yrs. who he totally gave himself to, just decided to call it quits.....I wrote about that in that last post entitled : "HELP MY SON PLEASE"...... when this happened, once again, he tried to hide is heart break, and just "go on", but as we all know, that's impossible! We always talk, I have always been very close to my three sons, and we've always been able to talk about everything ..... but his personality is such, that, he keeps things to himself........now, I KNOW that broke his heart, big time,......she has ignored him completely, which has GOT to be taking it's toll on him both emotionally and physically ........... so, this is why I am asking you guys on here, could this be anxiety, emotional?

Has anyone here had anything like this from anxiety, or perhaps, a broken heart?

thank you all so much!