PDA

View Full Version : Anyone has experience with stimulant medications?

Worriedgirl87
22-04-12, 00:51
Hi everyone, I've been on Dexedrine generic version for about a month or so.
Im prescribed 10 mg twice a day.

I started out taking 5 mg a few times a day . Not exceeding 20 mg a day.

After a few weeks of starting out at 5 mg, I decided to up my dose to 10 mg 2 times a day. (Because that's what I'm supposed to do!)

Well it works alright and stuff, then randomly the pill will stop working after about 2 or 3 hours ( or after I get done eating) and I will feel like I need another pill. :/ I haven't taken one though. I feel some what sad and depressed and kind of guilty or something. Like I said before I have never taken more then the doctor told me to take. But I don't feel like 10 mg 2 times a day is working for me because I get a crash shortly after.

I will definitely talk to my doctor about these emotional side effects, but I was also hoping someone else on here would tell me about their experience with generic Dexedrine. I know my doctor would let me up my dose to 15 mg 2 times a day. But I am just afraid that in a few months 15 mg won't help anymore. I just don't really know what to do. I am starting to get paranoid that I am going to become addicted to the medicine and that if I keep taking this it's going to make me "not myself" anymore.

I don't know what to do. I'm also kinda afraid to tell my doctor about the Dexedrine problem because when I told him that my Ritalin was giving me
bad anxiety he wanted to take me off stimulants completely and put me on Tenex or Strattera! And I DO NOT wanna take Tenex or Strattera! :/

Well anyways, I just want some advice, what YOU would do if you were in my shoes, and what schedule is a good schedule to take the medicine so it will last me from 8 am to 8 pm without crashing. Because right now it's 6:45 pm and I had one 10 mg Dexedrine at 9 am and one at 1 pm. I just had dinner and now I am feeling like I need to take another Dexedrine to keep studying, but I'm not prescribed to take another pill, so I'm not going to because I don't want to make a habit of taking more then prescribed. But I am feeling really crappy mentally :/

Help!