PDA

View Full Version : strange direction !!

cassie1975
22-04-12, 02:03
I am posting on here because 1. I am not sure where to post and 2. after advice.
After suffering with health anxiety a couple of times the first bout was awful about 18months ago, then back in January went through a stage again this time got through without medication and was really pleased. In the past week I am obsessed the house I own has subsidence (i have a few cracks on the wall and gaps) It sounds mad but this is taking over my thoughts like health anxiety would. Can anxiety change like this ? or is it just anxiety making me worry about things more. As you can see it is interferring with my sleeping I am usually asleep by ten most nights ! I am just hoping this settles down the first time in four months I have had a panic attack only a mild one but hoping not to go back to where I was ?

guiltyhyperchondriac
22-04-12, 15:40
Most likely your anxiety is triggered or related to another area of your life that you are not dealing with or only aware of subconsciously. This is how is works for me and a possible explanation of your inconsistent pattern with anxiety. Maybe try and look at what else you may be fearing or unhappy about in your life which may be disguising itself as this fear, which is your minds way of coping. Hope this makes sense. And is based on nothing but my own experience!

xx

cassie1975
22-04-12, 21:16
Thanks for the reply x Never really thought about it like that, I have issues with my weight, I am consistantly putting pressure on myself and I have just gone back to a slimming class and my anxiety is here again. I am not happy with the way I am but more concerned that because I am big I am going to end up with a serious illness. I am trying to be positive and I am determined to overcome this x x Thanks again.

guiltyhyperchondriac
22-04-12, 23:21
One of my main anxieties is my weight and gaining weight, I have had an eating disorder and been both overweight and underweight. Does your slimming class work like a support group as well? Its important that the people around you are understanding because I know how delicate this, issue can be and i'm really sensitive about it. Fear of putting on weight can be really stressful and add huge pressure to our lives, please feel free to private message me if you found any of this helpful.

xxxx

cassie1975
24-04-12, 20:05
Thanks for your advice and your kind offer. Its slimming world that I attend and its a good group with support but there is only so much I will tell them regarding my anxieties. I am settling down a little bit with my anxiety, its not taking over as much as it has before. I have coping mechanisms that I try to use and they are working to a certain extent. Thanks again x x