PDA

View Full Version : five years since my op!

Paddington
05-07-06, 10:54
five years ago i had a major operation as i had cancer.I knew yesterday was important but i could not remember why??Then my partner bought me some flowers with a card saying 5 years now!xxx and i just burst into tears[Duh!]I then thought ,gosh noone else has remembered:(but hey i didn't even remember[?]i feel most confused to be honest!Maybe it is because i have not been given the all clear.That is the norm after 5 years i think.oh i dont know,i am rambling a bit.Just kinda hit me today i think.Thanks 4 reading this anyway.love mary-rose.xxxxxxxxxxxxx

we are all in the same boat and can guide each other ashore

Obsessive
05-07-06, 10:58
Im so sorry to hear you had cancer, but glad that you are in remission, your bound to feel a little bit sad and confused, atleast your partner has been able to show you some love and support through it. xxx

Why does life turn you upside down and inside out

Two heads
05-07-06, 21:12
Hi mary rose!
Im glad things are ok for you now.your partner sounds a very caring man.Sounds like you have come along way sweet ,well donexxxxxxxx

polly daydream
05-07-06, 21:28
Hi Mary rose, I'm not surprised you are feeling a little confused as five years have gone by and you still feel that you haven't been given the ok, are you still seeing your doctor on a regular basis? are they planning on a time when to give you the all clear, so that your mind will be put at rest once and for all. Your husband sounds like a very caring guy.

Best wishes,

Polly

Paddington
06-07-06, 12:26
thanks guys,your replies mean so much.Polly,i see the oncologist every 6months ,and he has said that utill i stop having overactive cells i wi ll not be discharged,so thats good that they keep an eye on the situation really.Just means it kinda lurks in the background!I feel ok today,and had a fab time at the billy joel concert too.Thanks again for you replies.love mary-rose.xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

we are all in the same boat and can guide each other ashore

Two heads
06-07-06, 23:28
glad you are getting on with life and trying to enjoy yourself mary.I bet the concert was great!
You will be fine so i say live life to the fullxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx