PDA

View Full Version : stomach bug with no vomiting/diarrhoea

Darwin73
22-04-12, 10:53
A couple of nights ago I suddenly came down with bad stomach cramps/ churning/discomfort, sweating, feeling dizzy and high temp. Literally went from feeling ok one minute to not being able to get out of bed the next. The same night my 3 year old was sick 3 times, but had pretty much recovered (apart from slight temp) the next day whileI felt too ill to get out of bed. Now (day 3), I feel better, but still not "right" (stomach still churning and keep having to sit down). Do you think this is a version of the same bug my child had? Why is he completely better while I'm not?

lelespears
22-04-12, 11:41
I had this wk, I had ur longer than my kids too.

Lele x

Darwin73
22-04-12, 12:06
Thanks for posting lelespears, it is reassuring to know someone else has had it too.

Mick081081
22-04-12, 12:20
Hiya,

My older brother has had it this week and my little lad has had it he was on fire bless him, must be a bug going round hope I don't pick it up the damn thing! Keep eating and drink plenty of fluid to wash your stomach out. Nothing to worry about though hope you feel better soon.

Mick.

LAURA48
22-04-12, 14:43
Hi - I had a bad stomach bug this week - not nervous stomach - blamed in on Zopiclone - haven't taken them since! Ok now though!

miggymoggy
22-04-12, 17:49
Oh yes, there is an awful stomach bug going around atthe moment! I'm just recovering. But it seems to be affecting people differently.
I had terrible stomach cramps, terrible diarrhoea (yellow and liquid and explosive!! - tmi), then started throwing up.
Like you I couldn't get out of bed for 3 days. I was literally hardly able to move I felt so bad. And soooo sick!
Yet my best friend was sick 3 times, 1 bout of diarrhoea and is now fine the next day!
My daughter had just the sickness.
My husband has stomach cramps and diarrhoea but no sickness.
I also felt very hot, slightly light headed and just generally awful really.
I, like you, and all of us on here, worry, but I keep hearing people are going down with this so sure it's a bug.
Hope you feel better soon x

Darwin73
22-04-12, 20:20
Thanks everyone. Always reassuring to find out you're not alone! Still feel unwell now with constant churning, not wanting to eat anything and spent most of the day in bed. Still no D&V though, so maybe the churning is my stomach's way of trying to fight it off??
Glad you are feeling better now miggymoggy and hope that no one else get it!