PDA

View Full Version : I cant figure this out! So many tests and nothing found??

lisak789
22-04-12, 16:20
To make a long story short, I had a stillbirth at 37weeks due to a cord accident. Since then I have been having breast pain, or it seems kind of like a burning more then anything. i also have two purple spots on my nipple that hurt if touched. I have been to the doctor 28 times in two months, I have had a mamogram, two ultasounds, tons of blood tests, a chest ct scan and the list goes on and they still say that all the tests come back good and there is no cancer. But I still feel this weard burn and I dont know what it could be. I also havent had a period since I lost the baby and I am having a lot of right side lower abdomanal pain. It seems like all my pain is right sided. I dont want to keep going to the doctor as they are getting mad at me. I dont know what to do!!! Any one else have that kind of burning breast pain that lasted this long?

molly36
22-04-12, 16:45
Hi there i had this a while back and now and then it comes back.My doc says it a nerve pain coming from around my back.I was worried about it too but my doc thouroughly examined me and found no lumps or bumps.He also told me that he has never seen a breast cancer present itself with pain as the first symptom.I am so sorry about your loss that must have been a very painfull and traumatic time for you. xx

eva82
22-04-12, 16:46
Hi Lisa,

First, I am so sorry for your loss. This must be extremely difficult to deal with. On top of your loss, your dealin with unresolved health issues, which just add go all your stress, and anxieties. I don't have the exact same burnig pain your experiencing, but I've had a discolored and tender area in my left breast (along with lumps that they say are cysts). I've had exams and 2 ultrasounds... And been told the same thing - no cancer, nothing to worry about, ect. Although I am thankful nothing bad has been found, it is annoying when the symptoms and pain don't go away. It's like a constant reminder that something could be wrong, which is a nightmare for those of us with health anxiety.

At this point, I think for the sake of our mental and emtional health, we need to trust our doctors and the multiple tests they have run on us. Just know that you are not alone and your frustrations are totally valid ... I am here if you need to talk. Xx

BlueOcean
22-04-12, 16:52
They should not be getting mad at you. That's unprofessional.

Have they told you why they think you're having these experiences?