PDA

View Full Version : I'm new and need some support

Allisaboo
22-04-12, 16:32
Hey there!
I'm lissa. I've been struggling with anxiety since i was very young, about 12. Probably due to bullying and a fear of going to school but it's causing me particular trouble now.
I constantly fear what people think of me and if they like me or not. To a large detriment to myself. I'll spend so much time worrying about it that i'll miss university deadlines and forget all sorts of important things.
It causes me to panic in public and when I'm alone. I get terrible stomach upsets and I've also been diagnosed with depression and IBS.
I'm on medication but I feel like the things that needs dealing with the most is the anxiety as it has the biggest effect on me.
I'm getting to a point where I don't know how to go on, where to get help from or how to feel anything but upset and down.
It's becoming debilitating and I'm scared.
Any support, advice or, even, questions would be appreciated and welcomed. I think I need a friend who understands.
Thanks for reading.
Lissa

diane07
22-04-12, 16:34
Hi Allisaboo

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.