PDA

View Full Version : Chest pressure

Deenor
22-04-12, 16:39
I hope this doesn't seem silly to anyone, but it's really freaking me out :(

I bent down earlier to put something on a shelf and felt a reallly weird pressure/fullness in my chest which made me feel a bit ill. It was over an hour ago now, but I still don't feel right.

Everything sane is telling me that I shouldn't worry, and that if it was heart related I'd have been in no doubt about it ..... but I am really scared. I had this happen once before when I leaned over the bath while washing my hair also

This is making me feel so miserable, if anyone has any ideas or reassurances for me, I'd be really grateful

BlueOcean
22-04-12, 16:53
Have you been to a doctor? What did he/she say?

Deenor
22-04-12, 17:01
I did a few months ago when the bath incident happened, and they checked me over and said it may just have been how I was bending .... I worry incessantly tho, and I know I should trust the doctors as they are the experts .... just wish my head would listen to them :(

BlueOcean
22-04-12, 17:06
I understand how you feel. There seems to be a disconnect sometimes between what they tell us and how we feel.

Deenor
22-04-12, 17:52
There really is ......... I've even had a heart scan done and apart from very minor Mitral regurgitation ( which they say is so minute it isn't a problem ) , my heart is absolutely fine ......... just hate the pressure in my chest tho :(

xvolatileheart
22-04-12, 17:57
I know how you feel. I get all kinds of weird heart and chest sensations, and I've completely lost touch with what's normal and what's worrying! I instantly panic about any and every sensation lately.

Deenor
22-04-12, 18:14
It's awful isn't it ? I have a really patient doctor, but I must try her patience over this stuff sometimes ....... I so want to KNOW in myself that all is well