PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions? A bit of help?

Allisaboo
22-04-12, 19:19
Hey all!
I'm sorry if this gets a little bit rambly. I'm going to try and condense my story down so it's easier to digest but I'd really appreciate some help and support with this. Especially right now as I'm struggling.
I'm currently being treated for IBS, depression, anxiety and PCOS.
I've been struggling with anxiety for about 9 years, following some serious bullying that didn't end until I turned 19 (now 21).
The physical implications of my anxiety are shaking, butterflies in my stomach, headache and fatigue. But the psychological effects are much more debilitating. I have an inability to focus, I panic and become very upset. I get tunnel vision with regards to the issue I'm anxious about and the anxiety causes me to have ticks. I regularly (almost constantly) pick my skin and pull at my hair.
My anxiety largely revolves around fear in social situations among my friends. I worry about what they think about me, if I've upset them etc etc. I struggle to maintain conversation with people my own age that I don't know but other than that I seem to be relatively confident.
I have a history of self-harm and poor self-esteem as well as some terrible confidence.

Has anyone felt like this? Can anyone relate to me?
I just want to know I'm not alone. I need a friend, I just don't know how much longer I can handle this.
Thanks
Lissa

Rach29
22-04-12, 23:12
Hi do you have any close friends or family you can talk to about about this ? have you spoke to your gp? you sound really low in confidance i was, still am a bit through bullying i was painfully shy no confidance at all, maybe once u gain some for yourself your anxiety will ease thru time but you shoud speak to your gp see if they can help you with it worth a try :)