PDA

View Full Version : Urgh - blood in urine

unfitwellhappy
23-04-12, 09:59
Well my HA has kicked off severely. About a week ago I noticed my urine was a dark pink/red colour, went to the doctor who put me on AntiBiotics and sent away the urine for testing (results - moderate red blood cells only - no protein etc). Anyway, the urine was back to normal after a day or so (i did increase fluids) but I had another occurence of the dark urine which pretty much sent my mind in to overdrive. Went back to the Doc on Friday for my results of the initial tests and he tested again and there was no sign of blood in the urine, no microscopic either. I had a kidney stone a couple of years ago and had a U/S which didn't pick anything up - was advised I might have passed it... Anyway, for some reason I can't shake the feeling of Kidney Cancer... I think it's because I have no pain this time and visible blood. Was the other way around last time. The Doc said that given my history it's likely that there are small stone/s which have irritated part of the urinary tract causing the blood and that while he couldn't rule it out without another U/S i'm extremelly unlikely to have Kidney Cancer... i'm only 30... I'm sure you all know the feelings of doubt/fear etc which creep in because of this. The rational side of me knows it's likely nothing to be concerned about but when my HA kicks in the rational side of me gets ignored and every little twinge, ache etc gets amplified...

Urgh... just needed a rant..

A