PDA

View Full Version : feel like ive been spinning round

lindajane1971
23-04-12, 12:44
hi everyone,

does any of you feel like this -
if you spin round really fast and then stop suddenly that feeling that you get exactly when you stop - like you have stopped so suddenly that your brain takes a second to catch up? - i keep getting that when im walking about move my head, and its really getting me down, so down infact that i spend most of my time just sitting and doing as little as possible lately!! I really really hate this feeling and its there ALL the time.
I do not believe that this is a symptom of anxiety but it is a cause of anxiety to me.
Can anyone relate????
Linda

crazyscot
23-04-12, 14:51
Me! I get it! Side effect of my medication apparently.
It was really bad when I started taking them. Get it a few times a day.

lindajane1971
23-04-12, 16:28
hi there,

I hate it, I'm not on any medication tho :0(

---------- Post added at 16:28 ---------- Previous post was at 16:24 ----------

plus if I am a passenger in a car going round a roundabout it feels like I'm still going round when we're off it. that cannot be normal!

Em84
23-04-12, 20:00
Im not on meds...ive had something similar for the last month or so...im not sure how to explain it but it is like getting off a fun ride...sometimes when i walk i can see the pushchair going side to side but i think im walking straight...

ive had some ear problems recently...couldnt hear prob for weeks...thats ok now but i dont know if my body has suffered from the change....

still dont know what it is....hate it

nicotine
23-04-12, 20:06
I get this but in a short burst and my stomach drops as well after the spining feeling... it worries me so much!!

Have you spoken to your GP about it?

debs180
23-04-12, 20:28
I have this!! good way of describing it actually, and the tummy dropping feeling also. GP has said anxiety but like you im unsure! Ive had it pretty much constant now for 3/4 weeks :(

lelespears
24-04-12, 07:48
Get the exact thing along with feeling like I'm tilting back usually followed by motion sickness even of I'm sat still?!? Horrible.

Lele x

honester
24-04-12, 08:19
Ive felt like it since dec and told it's anxiety - not nice but reassuring that we all have the same feeling x

HazyMind
24-04-12, 10:42
I feel like this all the time!!! It is better when I'm sitting down but even then it is still there!!!

I'm not on meds and my docs always put it down to anxiety (even when they don't even check me for anything!!! - Surely they could at least check my ears and blood pressure or something!!! :wacko: :lac: :weep: )

I find it's worse with less sleep - but then can't remember the last time I had a good night! :doh:

Hope you feel better soon & remember anxiety can cause this feeling!!! - I so wish I could believe that myself! It's kinda hard to believe that when I'm falling all over the place with the dizziness though...

I'm sure you're fine and remember anxiety does cause this & try and relax as much as you can :hugs::hugs::hugs:

crazyscot
24-04-12, 11:33
Ok, so now I'm thinking maybe it's not a side effect of the sertraline!!! I get the spinnny head, stab of dizziness and drop of tummy. Probably happens when I've been rushing about and am more stressed.

I always have a disturbed sleep, night sweats and vivid dreams.

Hmmmm think I'm over analysing everything now!! :mad:

primadonna
24-04-12, 12:52
This spinning around which is very disturbing, is vertigo. I got this a few years ago and it lasted nearly 2 weeks. The doctor prescribed Stematil which is very good but did cause headaches. I was told at the time that it was due to a virus, but there are loads of things that can cause it, but its worth trying Stematil.

lindajane1971
24-04-12, 18:53
so glad its not just me who is feeling this,
i did speek to the doc breifly about it maybe being BPV, but she said the tablets for it had awful side effects and that they wernt worth taking cause of that. However she did not offer a scan or anything else to see if its that for sure.
Ive had a couple of episodes of the spinning vertigo, lasted a few seconds, very scary, only happend 3 times in the last 4 years, its not the same thing im experiencing right now tho.