PDA

View Full Version : Urgent

bearzy1985
05-07-06, 12:41
I got put on Citropram 3 days ago and i'm finding the side effects unbearable.. I feel weird, my eyes look weird, and it's making me really upset, along with the Pure O.. and anxiety.. I was just wondering can i just stop taking it now just after 3 days? because i really don't want to feel like this and i don't want to call my GP to ask.. thanks

Obsessive
05-07-06, 13:02
I cant see the problem in giving your doctor or the NHS helpline a quick call for advice, i wouldnt stop taking it until you have saught advice, as these side effects may go away after a few days, give them a ring. x

"Why does life turn you upside down and inside out then back round again"

nomorepanic
05-07-06, 13:46
I took Citalopram once for about a week and felt dreadful so just stopped it.

I am sure it will be fine

Nicola

chedda
05-07-06, 14:19
Hia i sympathise with you it did the same to me aswell :(
I was 100% worse on it than coping without it and to be honest i couldnt of hung in there for up to 6 weeks for the side effects to go .You have only been on it for 3 days cant see it even being in your system properly yet but just give the doc a ring and tell them you are coming off them [8D].I phoned my doc when i was gonna stop and the receptionist said its only side effects it will go away after a while so i told her to take them and try and function...lol.:D Be strong
Take care cheryl xx

bearzy1985
05-07-06, 14:46
Thanks guys, ive managed to calm down a bit since i last posted.. It was horrible i found myself pacing and checking my eyes in the mirror and i just felt different, like i was going to snap or something. It was the similar feeling you get the next morning when you take too many recreational drugs [:I] but anyway i've decided to stop taking them straight away, because of the problem i'm having at the moment it is really really distressing being that way. I think i'll give beta-blockers another go, they didn't seem to give me side effects

mushroomwirral
06-07-06, 07:10
i wouldnt stop taking them because once they are in your system they do work believe me try to hang on in there. i have been on 10mg for 9 months but i want to get off them so the doctor gave me the cipramil in liquid form so i could reduce the dosage slowly, it isnt working so i have aske for some 10mg tablets again.

polly daydream
06-07-06, 13:32
Hi, I would try to stick with them because once they are in your system they do calm you down. Most meds cause unwanted side effects to start with, you just have to be strong enough to deal with them. Heightened anxiety is one of the main ones but it does pass.

Good luck,

Polly

buxy99
06-07-06, 15:15
if they make you feel this bad after 3 days what does that tell you? its your bodies way of fighting what it doesnt want,trust me im not a doctor lol,remember ya first fag? i do i went dizziness ,vomited and its the same our bodies are good at letting usa know what it will tolerate and what it wont.
I had the same on seroxat but my doc kept tellin me to ride it out,and yeah months later i was numb to everything and was for the 6 years i was on it,and the withdrawal from it is like nothing i ever went to the docs for b4.
After 3 days you should be opk to just stop this ssri is not as potent as some but hey they all work the same way,good luck

mushroomwirral
06-07-06, 15:50
i reckon the GP's should explain to the patients about these drugs all the chemist say is 'read the enclosed leaflet' after all we are the patient and deserve better