PDA

View Full Version : pregnancy and the coil

sherylee xx
23-04-12, 18:40
hey guys so im faced with the possibility of bein pregnant but i have the copper coil the non hormone one.. my symptoms waves of strong nausia weein loads more then normal, bloated tummy i can feel my womb about two inches above my pubic bone and its hard lower tummy and back cramps and recently been havin diareah which i have just learnt is yet another symptom of pregnancy, i had two faint positive tests a week ago but the lines came up in ten minutes and the test leaflet said do not read after ten mins so im wonderin if the lines were evap lines.. also i can only feel one of my coil strings.. im seein my gp tomoz but worried i dunno how id cope with health anxiety and pregnancy xx

sherylee xx
24-04-12, 10:28
hey guys off to he doctors today to fin out if im pregnant wish me luck, just worried what problems it will cause bein pregnant whilst havin the coil :( xx

nicola1980
24-04-12, 10:37
Good luck, let us know how you get on xx

swgrl09
24-04-12, 12:46
Good luck!

miss_t
25-04-12, 01:13
How did you get on with the GP?

Hypo
25-04-12, 08:26
Hey... my 5th child was conceived on the copper coil lol

They had to remove the coil straight away. There was a risk of miscarriage but if I didn't have it removed there would have been a much higher risk of a 2nd or 3rd trimester miscarriage.

I had to get checked out to make sure it wasn't ectopic. Once you hit 12 weeks the chance of miscarrying go back to normal but you do have an increased chance of miscarriage when it's removed up until you are 12 weeks.

Anyway, by now you have already been told you aren't pregnant or talked this through with the doctor but thought I would give you my experience.

My IUD baby is 3 now :)

sherylee xx
26-04-12, 22:13
i got a pos clear blue test gunna see my gp but it was very faint just like the faint pos tests a week ago surely they should be gettin darker?? gunna go back and see my gp and thanks hypo :) xx