PDA

View Full Version : Scared I have dementia

bukendaa
23-04-12, 21:50
Hey there I'm 17 and Ive been having memory problems sort of like I can't remember what days I did something in like yesterday I wasn't sure I watched something on the Internet I'm scared what does this mean?

Rach29
24-04-12, 09:54
ah dont worry about it sometimes i cant remember what i did the day before til someone reminds me i was asked the other week if i enjoyed myself the other nite couldnt remember where id been til i was reminded id been at a concert dont worry your only young no chance of dementia :)

Paniclissx
24-04-12, 12:02
You wouldnt know if u had dementia, you wouldn't be questioning it. Ie worked with people with dementia and they are completely unaware. It's very common with anxiety to have memory problems. Sometimes I can't remember what I did 5 mins ago an sometimes ill b mid way through sentence and completely forget what I'm saying. It's called brain fog and is a COMMON symptom of anxiety. Don't worry it's not dementia

swgrl09
24-04-12, 13:08
I work with seniors and have to go on trainings in recognizing this sort of thing. If you had dementia you would not know things that would seriously interfere with your life, such as what year it is, who you are talking to (more than just forgetting a name here or there but truly not knowing somebody you've known your life), or where you are. Forgetting things is just an anxiety symptom, as others have said.