PDA

View Full Version : Throat problems

Jessy23
24-04-12, 06:12
Hi guys wanting advice on throat issues, for about a year I've been having throat issues I've had tonsillitis twice, glandular fever and just on and off general irritation of the throat and I feeling like something is there. I found kysrlf checking in the mirror to see if my left side of my neck is wider... I tell the doctor I have a irritated throat but just get antibiotics or told that the cold air irrîates my tonsils. I have a sinus infection at the moment. Is it in my head or could there be something in there causing everyting

Em84
24-04-12, 06:16
Sinus & Sinus infections can play havok with your throat...trust me....

Ive had it all since December...Apparently i have an allergy issue...ive had the typical sinus infection symptoms through this whole time...in between i had a thorat infection, blocked ears for 4 weeks and a chest infection...these were all established by the colour of my mucas, swollen throat etc.

Are you coughing alot?
I guarantee it will only be something to do with your sinus's...Do you have any allergies?

Jessy23
24-04-12, 06:21
I have a big intolerance to cold drinks ice etc, but I just cant find a warm
Drink that I like not a coffee drinker nor tea. I drink honey n lemon when I have tonsillitis that's about it. I'm coughing up phlegm at the moment I went to the doc cause my snot was a dark yellow orange color that's how she knew I had a sinus infection along with cold symptoms that I couldn't shake for about a week. I sneeze a lot whether it be dust or pollen.

Em84
24-04-12, 06:32
The Phlegm is a pain in the B*M!

Mine has only really started to straighten out the last coupld of week....i was having thich yellow gunk in the mornings which then trurned into clear thick stuff. I would be having coughing fits at night....
You could have a mixture of the both, sinus infection and allergies. Allergies also cause post nasal drip, may be worth taking an antihistamine (how ever you spell it).

x

PinkRoxy
24-04-12, 06:34
yeah true I think this year Ive had a sore throat more than I havent had one. I had one sinus infection and still struggle with sinuses and hayfever.

I would say it is to do with that. I wouldnt worry too much about it aye unless it is really sore and making you feel uncomfortable.

But maybe try some allergy relief medication and see how that goes Im not too sure if it entirely gets rid of the sore throat but Im sure it will lessen the pain and irritation.

Jessy23
26-04-12, 08:33
Thanks do much for replying guys well I still have an irritated throat but tommorow I'm going to get a rotten tooth pulled so I'm suspect as to whether this tooth had anything to do with it!!