PDA

View Full Version : Don't trust the doctors

cas2ce
24-04-12, 09:10
Ok so I posted yesterday about nexium possibly causing my anxiety.

I am now convinced my thyroid tests were wrong as I have every hyperthyroid symptom and apparent normal test results.

I don't feel mentally unwell I feel PHYSICALLY unwell, am I alone?

swgrl09
24-04-12, 15:29
I am convinced that I have an autoimmune disease even though my blood tests said otherwise. Don't you just hate this? It is a physical symptom I have too - flushing that comes back when in the sun and stressed.

Jenny63
24-04-12, 15:33
Doctors need a good kick up the bum regarding Thyroid probs to be honest. I am Hypo and went years feeling unwell until they found out :(

cas2ce
24-04-12, 15:50
Thanks for the replies!
I have had my anxiety under control for over 2 years now, and all of a sudden 3 weeks ago I end up in the ER 3 times! thinking I was having some type of low sugar attack.
Full bloods say normal, but the thyroid tests are conflicting.
The hospital thyroid tests show that I am hyper which is what I suspected, and my GP's bloods show normal range.
I still have hyper symptoms 17 days on, Insomnia, tremors, anxiety, but everyone and everything says anxiety! Is probably a case of HA I see my Psychologist this week, lets hope I can focus enough

jimsmrs
25-04-12, 14:42
Jenny63 is right, but it's tricky type of blood test, your thyroid has to be misbehaving at precisely the time you have your blood taken. also the way they calculate the range also differs from country to country, so what's classed as normal in GB, would be abnormal in, for example, Germany.
Weight loss, agitation, severe sweating and diarrhea are also significant symptoms of Hyperthyroidism.

Hope this helps

cas2ce
25-04-12, 15:02
Thanks JimsMrs, I guess I will have to accept that I am having a relapse at the moment :(
It's just hard for me to accept with all the new symptoms I guess