PDA

View Full Version : scared to go to doctors

Lisamarie
24-04-12, 12:11
I've just made yet another appointment to see doctor today as I've got severe stomach pains and pelvic pain which is in my back shoulders and neck and I have got the worst thought going round in my head I'm 100 percent sure its cancer . I've not had any blood tests for a few months and only have had a doctor press on my tummy and take a water sample. I'm so scared because I'm not sure he'll do anything as everytime I go I just get told its anxiety but don't feel anxious well apart from now I'm shaking thinking about it I don't want to go because I don't want to here its terminal but I need to know I suppose so scared

---------- Post added at 12:11 ---------- Previous post was at 10:36 ----------

Does anyone have these symptoms

countrygirl
24-04-12, 12:21
There are a 101 reasons for your pain and remember almost all of them are not cancerous! I have had endless tests over past 10 years for episodes of severe stabbing pain in abdomen, I have had every test imaginable and the conclusion is its either IBS or coming from the damaged discs in my spine. I even had my appendix out with a big exploratory op and cameras in every orifice imaginable:wacko:.

I agree your Dr should not just dismiss your pains as from anxiety so if he does this again, ask if he could refer you for some tests that would rule out any of the things you fear. A general abdominal/pelvic ultrasound would rule out alot of things like gallstones or ovary problems. Do discuss with him your fears as they are not mind readers and if he really thinks that your pains are being generated from severe muscle tension then he needs to explain to you why he thinks this. If necessary write it all down and take it with you. I find that if emotions are going to stop you telling all ( I burst into tears way too easily!) then its better to just say read that and then discuss:yesyes: with me.

Lisamarie
24-04-12, 13:18
Thank you so much for your post I understand what you are saying but I'm sure you can imagine with ha its the worst possible sceanrio. I will have a word with the doctor (well cry) so have written down my symptoms hopefully he will be a bit more understanding. I'm sorry for all what you've been through glad that they haven't found anything serious :)

miss sparkle
24-04-12, 14:48
have you been to the doctors? just read your post and have pretty much the same things going on at the minute. just waiting to go in doctors myself!x

Lisamarie
24-04-12, 15:35
I'm going today at 5 so ill let you know then :) x

Lisamarie
24-04-12, 22:19
Been to the doctors got to have some blood tests