PDA

View Full Version : Loss of appetite on Duloxetine

Linda1972
24-04-12, 12:17
Hi Guys,i'm a newbie to this forum:) I was prescribe Duloxetine a week ago,so far my mood has improved,but the side effects are quite bad...headaches,awful stomach cramps,being clumsy,and my appetite has vanished,feeling sick,dry mouth,being forgetful,i have lost nearly half a stone since i went on it,is it common to completely lose your appetite?

MrRedShirt
24-04-12, 12:25
Hi Guys,i'm a newbie to this forum:) I was prescribe Duloxetine a week ago,so far my mood has improved,but the side effects are quite bad...headaches,awful stomach cramps,being clumsy,and my appetite has vanished,feeling sick,dry mouth,being forgetful,i have lost nearly half a stone since i went on it,is it common to completely lose your appetite?

Hi Linda, what dose were you started on? It's good that your mood has improved after a week!

I was started on 30mg and have been on it for just over three weeks (just had a refill and dose upped to 60mg)
I had the jitters, increased anxiety, occasional headaches, just the start of dry mouth and some nausea, which put me off my food. All passed now, apart from a bit of insomnia.

If you're really having trouble I would speak to your doctor. He/she maybe able to give you something to offset the side effects, or alter your dose.

Linda1972
24-04-12, 12:42
I was put on 60mg, got to go back to the physiatrist in 3 weeks to see how i am getting on,i have noticed i am alot calmer,i just want to eat something,as soon as i put food in my mouth i feel sick,so it is putting me off eating xx