PDA

View Full Version : Feeling cold and shivery

sam001
24-04-12, 12:38
Hi guys.

I'm usually a heat generator, rarely cold and mostly on the warm side of ok. This has given me cause for concern in the past but I've got used to the idea it's just me.

Over the last couple of months I've been feeling cold quite often. This can be an entire day, bits of the day, or some days seem to be mostly ok. I sometimes feel shivers and they could be the same thing - it's hard to describe.

I have also had a bad cold, maybe a few weeks after the chilly feelings appeared, and I've been struggling to shake it off since. I wake up with a mildly blocked nose and feel a bit under the weather. This improves during the day and from lunchtime onwards, the cold symptoms go away but I can still feel chilly.

I know I worry about this, and other health-related matters, but up until recently I have never experienced this before. I've seen a few doctors about this and they've never seemed particularly concerned and suggest I give it time.

Has anyone else on here experienced anything similar? Is it likely just anxiety?

Sam

honeyb
24-04-12, 12:43
Yes Sam, i'm constantly cold lately, cold hands and feet and shivery, just part of anxiety so i'm told.
Honey x

sam001
24-04-12, 12:54
Thanks for the prompt reply Honey, that is reassuring.

It's really hard to accept that something which feels so real, and causes worry, is itself caused by worry. I'll try to keep reminding myself of that.

Sam

Darwin73
24-04-12, 17:41
Hi Sam, I am always cold (my other half can be sitting here in his t-shirt while I need a hot water bottle). With me, it is related to a thyroid condition (easily treatable with tablets). However, I know it can be related to anxiety also.

gemjones85
24-04-12, 21:32
Im glad u wrote this - is urs a hairs standing up on ur arms / tingly cold??
i googled it - got all kinds of answers :(
I think its more scary when u have a real symptom/problem to put it down to anxiety isnt it?

At least were all cold and anxious together !:)) hope u warm up XX