PDA

View Full Version : Late period.. not pregnant

Hypo
24-04-12, 13:57
I'm three days late for my period and this doesn't usually happen.

I am not pregnant, not even a chance. My husband has been snipped and well.. anxiety plays havoc with your sex life ;)

I'm getting worried now. I don't even know if a late or missed period is a sign of cancer of some kind, but I'm sure it probably is somewhere a sign of cancer if I googled it. I mean, bloody heartburn or a headache can be signs of cancer but most people just think a headache is a headache.

But I don't like it... I actually want my period :blush:

worrybear
24-04-12, 14:22
Hi
Periods can be delayed for many reasons... stress been one of them.
I remember one month my period was really late and the more i worried about how late it was the more late it became! Once i stopped thinking about it,it came.
Hope it turns up soon.
xx

LAURA48
24-04-12, 14:48
Anxiety and stress play havoc with periods. In December when anxiety was sky high I did not have one! but this month had 2! could be my age but anxiety will affect them.

No need to worry!

Hypo
25-04-12, 08:27
Thanks.

I have never been late before, not even when I've been stressed or anxious.

I keep waking up thinking it will be here, but still no period.

Kelley
25-04-12, 09:02
Heya hypo....

I have suffered the same issue these past 2 months! I've been like clockwork my whole life and had a 27 or 28 day cycle. These last two have arrived at day 30!!!! I've been thinking the same as you....."oh no, something has to be wrong for sure!" I'm 34 and have had my hormones tested a few months ago and discovered that they are imbalanced and my testosterone is higher then it should be. The naturopath seems to think its a sign that I'm in perimenopause!!! How old are you? Could there have been a pattern previously that you didn't notice? Sometimes they can just change and the differences leading up to can be so subtle we don't notice until a big thing like being really late or early happens.....could it be linked to the Prozac????

Kel x

Hypo
25-04-12, 10:57
Well it is here!! Just in time for Zumba LOL

I wondered if it was related to prozac but it hasn't happened before, but I'm getting older now lol I'm 30, 31 in June.

I think something may be up with my hormones, I keep getting acne as well. I just had my thyroid levels re-checked and they were fine.

Kelley
25-04-12, 11:01
No kidding?!! I was just discussing these hormone issues with my hubby and I specifically said that from the age of 31 I've suspected my hormones have caused all my symptoms!!!! Including my palps and panic attacks AND my acne!! I never had acne before then but for the past 3 yrs now I've had all these issues. The acne got bad enough that I was put on a prescription cream! You sound sooooo much like me, what a relief to know I'm not alone when I thought I was!
So glad you started anyways.....better late than never so they say!

xxx

katielou80
25-04-12, 16:07
just read my posts! my hubbys had the snip too, and this month i was 3 weeks late! i had a 65 day cycle!! i was worried about cancer too!!! we are mad! huh?? it WILL come! chill