PDA

View Full Version : Vitamins

CameronG
24-04-12, 21:55
Hi Guys, doing a bit research for myself & CBT programme, Which if any vitamins are good to take to help with Anxiety, and i doubt there would be any problems, but what if any problems would there be in taking vitamins alongside 20mg of citalopram - thanks in advance.

if anyone would like to know the outcome to any of my research i have done so far id be happy to share, so far i have looked at caffeine, alcohol and a few others...

Today alongside vitamins i am looking into food intake (for energy) aswell as sleep quality.

Cameron

---------- Post added at 21:55 ---------- Previous post was at 18:14 ----------

Bump!

CameronG
26-04-12, 18:23
Thanks for the replies lol

MrRedShirt
26-04-12, 18:25
Hi, I take a B-100 complex with vitamin C.

Also a calcium and magnesium complex, also omega 3.

xtremx
26-04-12, 18:28
Thanks for the replies lol

Hiya, Vitamins we all need them.
I was taking something i call super vitamins 1 pill thatgives you 100% if not more of your daily intake but have fallen behind and stopped taking them aswell as codliver oil and garlic caps.

I would be interested in what you have found out

The product is called ABC Plus "Multi-vitamin and multi-mineral formula providing 100% of the recommended daily allowance for many vitamins and minerals" Damn big pill LOL

konrad
26-04-12, 18:50
As far as I know there are no problems with citalopram and vitamins.
But it is important to remember not to overdose on certain vitamins, as this could cause health problems. It is always better to get nutrition from a healthy balanced diet. Of course sometimes it might be necessary to supplement some vitamins in difficult times; but I think it is not a good idea to do this ALL the time.

Mick081081
26-04-12, 18:52
Hi Cameron,

I've been on 20mg of Cit for 6 weeks now, How do you react to caffeine? I'm ok with one or two cups of tea a day but pushed it the other week to test it and way over did it and felt terrible so binned large amounts of caffeine off. I had 6 bottles of light lager (4%) last week and was fine the next day- Thank goodness as like the odd tipple. What Vitamins have you trialled? I started on 10mg of B6 but got told it was too much so stopped??? Just taking a berocca and pure EPA fish oil 600mg a day at the minute so would welcome anything else you have trialled that worked ok and I'll give it a go.

Cheers,

Mick.

monika
26-04-12, 20:14
Hi Cameron,

I've been on 20mg of Cit for 6 weeks now, How do you react to caffeine? I'm ok with one or two cups of tea a day but pushed it the other week to test it and way over did it and felt terrible so binned large amounts of caffeine off. I had 6 bottles of light lager (4%) last week and was fine the next day- Thank goodness as like the odd tipple. What Vitamins have you trialled? I started on 10mg of B6 but got told it was too much so stopped??? Just taking a berocca and pure EPA fish oil 600mg a day at the minute so would welcome anything else you have trialled that worked ok and I'll give it a go.

Cheers,

Mick.

Mick, whoever told you 10mg is too much was completely misinformed. My multivitamin alone has 150mg...and now take into consideration dietary intake. 10mg is totally fine!

To OP, I have recently upped my vitamin intake. I take a multivitamin, b-complex, sublingual b-12, vitamin d, fish oil and zinc. At night a take a magnesium-calcium supplement. I also take spurilina. I definitley feel better since getting my vitamin d levels up (they were low) and the magnesium supplement at night really helps to calm me. You should get blood work done and see if you're deficient in any of these!

nicotine
26-04-12, 20:26
I take Solgar VM75 extra potency multivitamin tablets, vitamin B-12 and Magnesium with Vitamin B6 at present for my anxiety alongside 10mg a day of citalopram.

---------- Post added at 20:26 ---------- Previous post was at 20:20 ----------

Also from my experience I simply cannot tolerate caffeine with my panic disorder! Worst being if I take one of those paracetamol tablets with added caffeine they give me awful anxiety I definitely think I am sensitive to it and at the moment I am off all caffeine except for a little bit of dark chocolate every now and again.

MrRedShirt
27-04-12, 11:25
Hello... I found this thing which is somewhat related.. I found it interesting:
http://www.informationisbeautiful.net/visualizations/snake-oil-supplements/

TheGroundhog
02-06-12, 08:41
I would be interested to know what the relaionship is between you looking into vitamins and your CBT.

When I started doing CBT, taking any non dr prescriped suplemetary vitamins was one of the first things they banned us from doing.

You are normally highly discoraged from doing things that YOU believe are keeping you well.