PDA

View Full Version : Mindfullness-based CBT...

monika
24-04-12, 18:49
1) Has anyone tried it?

2) The clinic I found has a wait list of 2 years....
There is the main psychiatrist/therapist available who charges $185 and hour.

Is this the standard fee? how do people afford this....

bottleblond
24-04-12, 22:46
Hi Monika

Yeah i did a bit of it but in all honesty, it wasn't for me. It consisted of too much time with your own thoughts when you're not supposed to think about your own thoughs. Lol....

I do believe it can help so many people but it bored me to be frank.

Lisa
x

robinhall
25-04-12, 14:36
Hi Monika
Can I ask what kind of issues you are hoping to deal with using mindfulness based CBT?

I teach Mindfulness as part of the CBT4PANIC programme - it can be a very powerful tool.

I am wondering if that price is for a private one to one session with that therapist?

You should be able to find a group Mindfulness class that will be affordable

Robin

PanchoGoz
25-04-12, 16:47
$185 dollars an hour???!!!?!???!! Do Robin's course, its just as good and probably about a tenth of the price overall

monika
25-04-12, 21:27
Lol, yes it is just him! Private sessions.

I would say my main issue is ocd and obsessive thoughts, i.e. harm thoughts and such. I also have general anxiety.

eight days a week
25-04-12, 23:04
This type of approach has been recommended to me by kind friends for years.

It's very interesting to hear it's incorporated into your programme robinhall. As you know I have been talking for months about trying it but still am waiting for a time when I feel 'up for it'.

robinhall
26-04-12, 22:11
Hi Monika
MIndfulness can be very helpful with OCD, obsessive thoughts and all kinds of anxiety. However - if you go to a group mindfulness based CBT course they will most likely give you an overview of how it works (and it is often based towards helping depression) I would recommend that you do CBT specifically for OCD first and then add Mindfulness afterwards.

Hi eightdays

The programme itself will help you feel 'up for it'

why wait :-)