PDA

View Full Version : Gum disease & dentists..

whatisitnow
05-07-06, 14:15
Im bricking it because ive got gum disease back again. I had it 3 yrs ago & the dentist gave me antibiotics & mouth wash & polished my teeth. But its back again, i can tell by the swollen gums & the distinctive taste again. Its disgusting. My teeth are superb but i always get a bit of the gum at the bottom thats the problem area. The dentist always says i need my teeth polished atleast every 6 months as opposed to most peoples once a year but its been near on 3 yrs now as my dentist moved to Scotland. Anyway, how do i get over the fear of the dentist. I know it wasnt horrendous when i last went but i have to find a new dentist now and im dreading going to someone new. Anyone else scared of dentists? Tell me its fine lol
Caz xxxxx

Pete to win Big Brother! He is Daddy Fantastic with pants made of elastic!

ceecee
05-07-06, 14:22
hi yes i,m absolutley petrified of the dentist now.only since i,ve had anxiety,cause i can,t stand being in that chair for too long!!!good luck in finding a new dentist!(i,m still looking for one)you,ll be fine and have great healhy gums too lol!!!take care rachelx x x

whatisitnow
05-07-06, 14:41
Hi Ceecee
Well ive just found a dentist in my town which is a bonus. Got an appointment friday. Its a bloke [:O] God, im even more scared now. Women seem to be more gentle. I had to ring loads of dentists before finding that one, now im thinking its cuz they are so horrendous that no one goes there [?][:I]
I hope i can do this :(
Caz xxxxx

ceecee
06-07-06, 20:28
hi glad you managed to find a dentist and good luck hope you get on o.k take care rachelx x x

whatisitnow
07-07-06, 09:55
Cheers ceecee. 2 hours to go, cant wait for it to be over. Taking the kids to the circus at 5, cant believe how much im looking forward to it because the dentists will be well and truly over!
Have a good weekend
Caz xxxx