PDA

View Full Version : Citalapram new help!!!

BobbyDog
24-04-12, 22:13
Was taking 45mg of Mirtazapine for 3 years, having serious anxiety/panic day and night. Intrusive thoughts. Worst in evening.
The doctor stopped the Mirtazapine with no tapering off and put me back on Citalopram 20mg-40mg.
Every muscle in my body is tense, can cope with other side effects, is this witdrawal or a preliminary side effect of Cit, or both.
Also given me Temazepam 20mg as I suffer acute insomnia and the Mirt was not helping.
Took 20mg Temazepam last night - 4/5 hours sleep.
Going to take 10mg tonight as they scare the hell out of me.

If anyone has any help or advice on the Mirt to Cit transition, it would be greatly appreciated?:yesyes:

Ingenious
24-04-12, 23:00
I went the other way from Cit to Mirt, and quite honestly really couldn't tell if the weird effects were side effects from the Mirt starting, or withdrawal from the Cit, or both. But they did pass, the worst effects seemed to last about a week. Don't think there is any helpful advice except keep going and be easy on yourself.

BobbyDog
25-04-12, 12:18
Thanks Ingenious,

My whole body felt like it was gripped in a vice last night, every muscle was tensed. I slept for 4 hours, that was with 20mg Temazepam.

Good to know that if I stick the cold turkey out, it will pass. Got to stay strong.

I was taking Citalapram for about 10 years and switched to Mirtazapine because my insomnia had taken over, but, my anxiety symptoms have got much worse again and Citalapram are better for my Panic Attacks and negative thoughts.

Thanks again, appreciate any communication.:yesyes:

radoel
25-04-12, 22:20
Dont know much about mirt but when I started cit it was awful for the first 2 weeks - stick with it though cos it is worth it in the end x

BobbyDog
26-04-12, 11:16
Thanks Radoel,
Hell at the moment, 4 hours sleep, woke up at 3.00am, mind racing out of control, could not get back to sleep. Was very scared.
Too tense to sit down, stand up and deffinately can't sleep. Worst day(4) so far.

Will stick with it, as I have taken them before and they made a significant difference to my life, in a possitive way.

Much appreciated.:yesyes:

BobbyDog
26-04-12, 20:36
I went the other way from Cit to Mirt, and quite honestly really couldn't tell if the weird effects were side effects from the Mirt starting, or withdrawal from the Cit, or both. But they did pass, the worst effects seemed to last about a week. Don't think there is any helpful advice except keep going and be easy on yourself.

Your help is greatly appreciated. Still can't beleive what a large proportion of society suffer with mental health problems.

BobbyDog
27-04-12, 16:25
The doctor said I have had a severe reaction to the Citalapram and has put me back on Mirtazapine.

My reaction to the drug is not normal; I am hypersensitive.

ANG3LIC
10-05-12, 20:55
:hugs:
hi x i been citalapram for several months [over8months].] n my doctor made me cut them down takin my 1 20 tablet every other day instead of every day b4 starting me on prozac [fluoxotine] which i now on my 2nd day on.:unsure: . you obviously have several issues needing different n seperate medication.. i so hope your doctor n you find the right combination 'for you', i not heard of the other ones u mentioned 'mirtazapine'? but im aware of temazepam, sometimes when i tell myself the citalapram didnt do good 4me i think '' how do i REALLY know?? do i really know what im truly feeling'' etc.. arghhh :emot-questioned::emot-questioned::emot-questioned: .
Im sorry my reply is probably not much/if any help to you at all ... i just hope you could feel better.. at least now a day mental health problems are taken more serious.. i think?
good luck to you all xx
btw- the member ''BobbyDog'' has been so so lovely n helpfull to me...thankyou xxx :hugs: