PDA

View Full Version : So stressed today, need to see doc asap!

k9love
25-04-12, 09:49
Hi,
Im really stressed today.

Had pain in my right side for months now! diagnosed with UTI which cleared up with meds.

Also get pain in back and right hip.

Now still have pain 24/7 and getting a feeling like theres something moving in my right rib area! it wakes me up in the night and really gets me stressed, have taken the day off work cos I cant concentrate.

Booked to see nurse practioner as cant get in to see doc today.

Can stress cause these symptoms? am I get getting too worked up?

I just need some reasurance, Im not the sort of person who likes to bother docs just incase its me being silly.

Thanks for any help.

countrygirl
25-04-12, 10:03
I have IBS and I can get the feeling that I call "like two ferrets fighting under a blanket" usually in the area from under my ribs to below my navel. I also get feeling of intense pressure in this area as if I am going to burst but it is not painful just weird. I also get attacks of terrible stabbing spasm pain lasting up to 48 hrs again anywhere in this area.

I had every test imaginable 4 yrs ago, even had my appendix removed and big exploratory op and then colonoscopy etc etc and everything was fine:blush:.

Mine started after I had tried to eat a much healthier diet with lots of berries and fibre etc and was told that if you have a sensitive bowel this is worst thing you can do and I have found that I have to restrict my fibre intake to below 14g a day or it all kicks off again.

Have you got any bowel issues at all - I have the mix of loose in the morning but then like rabbit droppings later in the day and this is classic IBS symptom.

Certainly see your Dr and mention bowel to him in case he wants you to have any tests ( not that I think you need them!).

k9love
25-04-12, 10:29
I have IBS and I can get the feeling that I call "like two ferrets fighting under a blanket" usually in the area from under my ribs to below my navel. I also get feeling of intense pressure in this area as if I am going to burst but it is not painful just weird. I also get attacks of terrible stabbing spasm pain lasting up to 48 hrs again anywhere in this area.

I had every test imaginable 4 yrs ago, even had my appendix removed and big exploratory op and then colonoscopy etc etc and everything was fine:blush:.

Mine started after I had tried to eat a much healthier diet with lots of berries and fibre etc and was told that if you have a sensitive bowel this is worst thing you can do and I have found that I have to restrict my fibre intake to below 14g a day or it all kicks off again.

Have you got any bowel issues at all - I have the mix of loose in the morning but then like rabbit droppings later in the day and this is classic IBS symptom.

Certainly see your Dr and mention bowel to him in case he wants you to have any tests ( not that I think you need them!).

Thanks for your reply.

I have had IBS but this is different I think?

Motions seem ok lately but do get the "rabbit droppings" sometimes, this pain tho is constant in right rib, not sharp pain just nagging and it feels like wind? but there doesnt seem to be any wind?

The only other thing I can think it might be is the dog pulling me, he's only a pup and has dragged me around a lot lately, but I dont want to tell the doc that as he will just put it down to muscle strain which it isnt!
I know theres something wrong with me:scared15:

Thanks again.

happycarrot
25-04-12, 16:29
Yes--I was going to suggest IBS too. Bloating and wind are common symptoms. Usually I have IBS pain in my lower left abdomen, but I get it on the right side sometimes too. The upper part of the large bowel lies just under the ribs, so it makes sense that you would have pain there. My GI doctor told me to try psyllium supplements or probiotic yogurt. I take a small dose of the psyllium supplement every day, and I take Gas-x if I feel bloated. I don't know if it's called that outside the US, but it's an over the counter medicine for gas pain.