PDA

View Full Version : Tooth abscess.. In agony.

lelespears
25-04-12, 11:45
I have a tooth abscess in the gum above my crown and it's spread to the roof on my mouth. My face, jaw & ear is agony the pain is awful. My dr gave me amoxocillan Ive taken 4 so far it's 3 day.. When do they start to work? I really can't take much more.

Help!

Lele x

Zee
25-04-12, 14:55
They should start to kick in day 3 to 4 , thats my experience of them. Hope you feel better soon,

bottleblond
25-04-12, 15:14
Been there and done that. OUCH!!!! You have my full sympathy. You can also go to your dentist as they are really good at dealing with this.

Hope you feel better soon.

Lisa
x

lelespears
25-04-12, 16:24
Thanks things have to be better tomoz I can't bare one more day of this!!!

Lele x

dancingfrog
25-04-12, 17:29
after the experience I have had, which I won't go into detail cuz its not only embarrassing but scary, if you wanna find out i posted on another thread about my tooth absess. If like myself you have facial swelling go the dentist, they are way better and will probs have a quick look and give you something specific to get rid of the infection

Pipkin
25-04-12, 17:33
Hi there,

You have my full sympathy as I know how painful this is. The other posters are right, the dentist is the best person to sort this. You're on the right antibiotics though as I was prescribed these for an abscess and they worked a treat after 3-4 days.

Pip x