PDA

View Full Version : Not happy at all

kittykat
25-04-12, 16:03
Not a happy bunny .......been to the docs to pick up prescription for diazepam ( he only gave me 2 wks supply) and its been cancelled and ive to make an appointment.......ffs he knows im uptight about the scan results until i know exactly whts wrong with this abnormal polyp thing on gallbladder, still no appointment from consultant through tht'll be 3 wks this coming Monday whom my doctor spoke to and he goes and does this, the diaz was helping me keep a handle on things, welcome back anxiety and to top it off cant see him till monday now or any other doctor till monday either.....just feel like whts the point !!!! And just wanted to add not as if im a junkie .......this is only the 2nd time ive had them in my 40yrs the 1st time after losing my mum 3 yrs ago !!!
I'm also starting to think has he heard something serious and is that why he's cancelled my prescription so he can talk to me ......what do you all think , see mind going into overdrive :((

gemjones85
25-04-12, 18:44
im a ha sufferer too, and have been for various test over the last few months - have ur heard of the two week rule?? If a doctor suspects cancer - they have 2 weeks to tell u, investigate and get a diagonis. So if u have been waiting 3 weeks to see a consultant - thats a good sign
hope it puts ur mind at ease

XX

miss sparkle
25-04-12, 18:47
I don't think he has heard its something serious, they would be no need for him to withhold diazapam as he would surely know you would need it if he was expecting to give you bad news, not that he is.
its more like he wants to check how you are coping etc if he knows how you are with the ha. And i would think positive, your appointment hasn't come through because it it nothing to worry about xxx

jaynehal
25-04-12, 18:59
Hi there

I think it's prob that the doc needs to see you before he can issue more prescriptions, that's just routine, there not allowed to keep prescribing without doing some checks or having a chat

Jayne xx

kittykat
25-04-12, 19:13
Thanks guys ......i just wish he had said to me when he prescribed them to make an appointmnt to see him just before they run out ( which i would have done) , which he never did ....doctors honestly !!! I'm just not a ver brave person lol....and find it hard coping with this kind of stress, this is when i really miss my mum as she always just knew the right thing to say xx

kittykat
26-04-12, 11:50
Well guess what i got ........A BIG FAT NO from receptionist to see a doctor!!!!!!! its not an emergency she said and have to wail till monday Am fooked off with it all , as she asked me wht was wrong and foolishly told her.........well ive had it...... if it is some cancerous polyp thing tht canni be fixed on ma gallbladder im having a drink the day cause a may as well enjoy maself , nt had one for over 6 weeks so FOOK it all ...the end !!!!! Sorry guys im just feeling really down and depressed with everything plus today would have been my mums birthday as well so its just an accumulation of everything i think xx

Em84
26-04-12, 12:14
My doctors are like this...i can be ill as and ring them then they make me wait a week to see him...so by the time i go the issue has kind of passed....
Irritates the life outta me.....
Maybe try and half your pills so they last longer...i dont know hun.
Ive never taken diazapam so dont really know the effects of them..

x

kittykat
26-04-12, 12:17
ok freaking out ....just got appointment through for outpatient clinic appointment with a Mr Akhtar Anjum ( General Surgery ) 8th May.......does this mean im getting surgery .....hyper ventilating like and shaking......that will be a total of 4 weeks after initial scan !!!

miss sparkle
26-04-12, 16:52
try not to worry, he is probably the consultant who sees everyone, even IF you did need surgery, it doesn't mean its cancer. You could always try ringing to see if there are any cancellation appointments bit sooner xxx