PDA

View Full Version : Sudden head rush left me reeling.

billywhizz
25-04-12, 17:10
Hi,

It's been a while AGAIN!!

But it seems that I always seem to fall back into this pattern.

So. This is not the first time I've experienced this but I still have no answers.

I have had ANx for over 7 years now and tbh it's probably the best it's been in all that time, or it was.
I was stood in my kitchen and I was looking straight ahead and then all of a sudden my head just went crazy, it was like a rush of blood and tension and just freakyness. I had to crouch as I thought I was going down but I didn't, and as soon as I'd crouched down it passed. I hadn't just got up to quickly either.

I've had this experience a few times now over the last 2 years, whilst watching tv, just out of the blue BAMN it hits.

I don't feel faint or no pain, just this head rush.

I work long hours at a computer and have seen the doc this morning who says its possibly the start of a cold but he didn't check me over. I've also had sinus issues since November last year.

Does anyone else get this feeling? Or am I on my own here?

I've spent all day today on edge waiting for it to happen again

dancingfrog
25-04-12, 17:25
Hi, don't know if its the same thing but every known and again especially when I am tired or in need of food I get a similar feeling, like someone is pushing my head in all areas at once, it goes as fast as it comes on. Had two yesterday, probably because I have been sitting at the comp for 7 hours a day doing assignments. I never worry about them really.

Dancingfrog xx

zippy
25-04-12, 17:45
I get these all the time with my anxiety. It's like a head rush/swing for a minute and then it goes but they aren't pleasant.

billywhizz
25-04-12, 17:47
Thanks for the replies.

Do you get them outta the blue? Even when you're not feeling especially anxious

zippy
25-04-12, 20:17
Yes i got them out of the blue and when i didn't feel anxious. I didnt believe it could be anxiety but it was.

xvolatileheart
26-04-12, 00:27
I get those out of the blue when I'm not feeling anxious. I think it's just adrenaline misfiring. It's awful and it usually does set off a panic for me, but I seem to be getting it under control as I tell myself it's just adrenaline, nothing serious.

SilverFern
26-04-12, 08:26
Yes, I sometimes get these feelings as well, out of the blue, but I now try to ignore them or else the panicky feelings can go on for hours.

honeyb
26-04-12, 08:34
This is the problem with anxiety, these sensations come out of the blue and that's why we don't believe its anxiety related and that it must be some serious illness casuing it. You may not think you are feeling anxious, but in your subconsious mind you are (Charles Linden, speaks about the amigula, which is a part in the brain that is permantly switched on when we are in a high state of anxiety and when the stress has gone this part still thinks we are anxious, apparently we get into a habit of feeling like this). I get these head rushes/zaps frequantly when not feeling anxious.

Em84
26-04-12, 12:02
Hi

Sounds like a simple thing such as blood pressure raising or lowering....

I have had both, my BP lowered when having my c-section and i went very lightheaded until they laid me down for a bit.

Sometimes when i stand up after a while my head goes all fuzzy and my vision goes bright...like im gonna pass out.

Dont worry you'll be fine....it happens to everyone....

x