PDA

View Full Version : cant go out so scared

YOLO
25-04-12, 17:24
hey ive been suffering with anxiety i cant go any were on my own ive tried medication and ive been on the NHS for CBT but i just dont no what else to do could someone give me some help im really and the i dunno how much more i can take of it even walking down to the shops is a major task :( want my life back any help would be great

thanks alot josh

mistymoo
25-04-12, 19:27
Hi, is there a community support agency in your area, you could ring either your gp or the local mental health team and ask them to put you in touch with the support agency, they will be able to support you and encourage you to get out more:)

times71
27-04-12, 10:04
Well, you can read all the books in the world, go on a year long CBT course, but the only real answer dude is to get out there on your own. Dont fear the fear, master it dude.

amandaj
27-04-12, 10:50
hi i am exactly the same, i do go out i force myself but i feel like im going to pass out everytime but i never do ,im also scared as i have my little boy with me who is 17 months and think god what if but its only a if, try taking small steps try going half way to the shop or something once a day and keep doing it till feel confident enough to go all the way, i feel for you its awful to feel like that good luck amanda xx

tt2012
28-04-12, 05:02
hey ive been suffering with anxiety i cant go any were on my own ive tried medication and ive been on the NHS for CBT but i just dont no what else to do could someone give me some help im really and the i dunno how much more i can take of it even walking down to the shops is a major task :( want my life back any help would be great

thanks alot josh

What is NHS and CBT?

mumof4
28-04-12, 14:14
start off small steps and bulid up when i started going out again after i was really ill i started really small just baby steps i went to the shop or in to tescos my tescos is really quiet and i just build it up.

its all frame off mind postive thnking and think nothing will go wrong nothing can harm me its all in my mind,

sometimes its changing the way ur head and mind works.

ricky13
29-04-12, 01:38
i was like that afew years ago and im only 24 but i got through it and the panic attacks are not as much and i have no phobia of leaving the house. ask your doctor or cbt for sertraline it takes a while but it really does help im on 100mg. also try walking 10 metres outside and the next day try 11 and so on and so on. you will get through this you are not alone. x

CameronG
29-04-12, 01:59
NHS is the English national health service, CBT is a type of therapy

vwkamper
02-05-12, 09:00
Well, you can read all the books in the world, go on a year long CBT course, but the only real answer dude is to get out there on your own. Dont fear the fear, master it dude.

Hi i agree with what you say pma (positive mental attitude) one day at a time.

Hi,

Ive had 3 sessions with a C.B.T therapist solely for the panic attacks but i do have agorophobia and a fear of too many people.

My point is because i've had help with controlling the panic it's helping me deal with walking in the shop by myself, admittedly i have to have someone with me but now i can be in a different part of the shop or even sit outside with my dog.

Good luck lexy.

grotbags
02-05-12, 16:14
I've developed this fear of going out alone as well. I was doing SO well last year - I wasn't even on meds apart from using valium occasionally and keeping it with me. But then last september I got a virus which included an ear infection and vertigo. I fell over in public with the vertigo and since then I haven't been able to go out alone. It's so frustrating because in so many ways I'm a lot better. I'm not feeling generally anxious; I'm not depressed. I enjoy going out shopping and even go to busy places and highstreets but I just cannot do it alone. Even if my Mum wanders off a little in a shop I start to panic and get rooted to the spot, so scared that I'm going to fall again. I'm not sure what to do either. Do I go back on an SSRI (they helped me a lot in the past but my symptoms were so different then) despite the side effect issues and withdrawals that come with their use? Or do I battle on with CBT? Every doctor who I've spoken to is refusing to give me meds, and they just throw CBT around like it's the cure all. I just don't know what to do either.

I'm not meaning to hijack your thread, but just wanted you to know you're not alone.

Awesomelinesslyer
02-05-12, 20:57
Cant go out ... so scared... then next step hello my dear - panic attack.
Friends calling me out to the city center.... Sorry guys I cant come... Iam busy with my little panic attack... Well I defeated this fear in my own crazy way :D That 1XXX day, sitting at home with my lady MS. Panic, someone shot me in the head with weird idea. After several minutes, I took my camera and started filming and talking with myself. Also i decided to go out to the city center, which took me 1hour to walk. Going to the streets filled with people is one of the scariest thing, well it was back then. As I was walking, filming and non stop chatting with myself, I saw weird looks, heard some coments about me... from funny ones to cruel...
But i had no time to response to them, cause i was selfish and busy talking to myself xD Only one thought kept me going- Whats the Worst That Could Happen?!
(Oh yea i had panic attacks... by doing this, but the idea is that no one really cared about me that much and later on I realized that i dont care about them too)
The most funniest part was watching my movie. I could say that this film was made by two actors, THE scared one at the beginning and another one just walking smiling at the end.
Most would say that this idea is dump, well yea I wont argue, but good God it helped me :roflmao:

tt2012
03-05-12, 00:43
I just have trouble going out in public whether I'm with someone or alone.

YOLO
06-05-12, 02:02
Its so horrible I get light headed and my heart starts racing for no reason :/ cant carry on much longer I'm on a antidepressant I just feel worse with it have been taking it for 6 weeks now thanks for everyonea support x

---------- Post added at 02:02 ---------- Previous post was at 02:00 ----------

Just cant take much more I'm doing everything I can

magnerslol
09-05-12, 05:27
hey i know exactly how you feel i have barely left my house in 3 years my farther died when i was 14 i stopped going out and playing games was my escape then i started to get panic and anxiety attacks which made it even harder for me to go out i was so scared but i do go out more now you just need to think positive if you just go outside your house or go for a walk what's the worse that's going to happen your going to have a anxiety attack. nothing else do not fear your anxiety attacks like i did for so long i also got depressed and the longer you stay in the worse it will get if you go out more it will get better trust me