PDA

View Full Version : feelings after panic attacks

moeajouz
25-04-12, 19:47
i had a panic attack from 2 days but the problem the side effects after the panic attack that am feeling till now : feeling weak tired sleepy and from time to time heart bumping especially when i standup fast or do fast actions any advices please

buffybot
25-04-12, 20:37
You are suffering the physical after effects of a panic attack they leave you drained and run down for a while the best thing to do is try and relax and let your body chemistry get back to normal.
You can try relaxation tapes or join a group of people who do relaxation on a regular basis. Deep breathing helps to break the cycle a and it is worth getting cd's or video's on the subject. Have you had therapy for panic attacks or medication?

PanchoGoz
25-04-12, 20:55
A good sleep would do you good too, have an early night or a power nap. It's a horrible feeling isn't it :( have some nice food as well if you can, and put tut kettle on! x

moeajouz
25-04-12, 21:00
thanks for your reply what happened is
yes am taking medications Paxil 25 mg and beta blocker 10 mg from 1 year and a half and its been ok since that time everything was ok until i came from beirut lebanon to france for a visit and there was big difference in the weather it was so cold in france
could it be the cold weather that help the panic attack to show again

---------- Post added at 22:00 ---------- Previous post was at 21:58 ----------

yes its really horrible pancho i feel that am not getting enough sleep

PanchoGoz
25-04-12, 21:52
A change in weather makes anyone feel rotten, maybe it's made you feel anxious and insecure being exposed to the weather (the weather is really rubbish at the moment, this time last year we were having a heat wave).
Panicking uses as much energy as exercise pretty much so getting more sleep and food will build you up again so you can face the day better.

moeajouz
25-04-12, 22:02
thanks a lot for being so helpful