PDA

View Full Version : anyone think this?

zippy
25-04-12, 23:07
Does anyone else think that the time you don't worry about an ailment or keep going to the doctors that it will be the time when it is something serious? It's like i won't let myself not worry incase it tempts fate and it is life threatening.

LucyLiz
25-04-12, 23:21
YuP. it's a bugger.

Sian85
25-04-12, 23:22
Yeah me too :doh:

Diva
25-04-12, 23:36
Me too!

I think I sometimes imagine the worst so in reality it won't really be that bad! Of course now I've admitted it, that doesn't work!

I have slight OCD tendencies, my counsellor says OCD sufferers generally have an obsession with three 'Ds' - Death, Doubt & Debt and I think it's kind of true in my case.

LucyLiz sums it up, it's a bugger!

swgrl09
26-04-12, 12:46
Yes, I fight this battle daily. It really is a struggle. I have to remember that if it was serious, it will get worse.

Mountainclimber
26-04-12, 13:01
Everytime you get that thought, just tell yourself. " I WILL DEAL WITH THAT IF THAT TIME COMES . Dont let that thought keep pestering you and it will burn out. :winks:

honeyb
26-04-12, 13:05
Absolutely all the time

Pinkcasi
26-04-12, 13:13
Yep i totally concur, i had a routine smear last year and i thought hom hum another of these, it's always been fine before, then i got a letter saying i had to go for further tests and i was like OMG what the! everyone said ti'll be fine, so i tried to be reasonably calm went for my next test and again got letter saying i had cin 2 and 3 and i needed a 'procedure' i was floored, like literally i fell in a heap on the floor, convinced that i had cervical cancer and no amount for people saying it's just abnormal cells hey have to remove to PREVENT cancer could make me feel better, it was the most hideous few months of my life from start to finish, my friend had recently undergone a hystorectomy as she's been diagnosed with cancer at 33 same age as me so i was a total nightmare, went and had the 'procedure' got a letter saying it's all dandy come back in 6 months, im still waiting for those 6 mths to be up and i will not feel better until i get the all clear, i was convinced i had cancer and i worry about it all the time. The point of this ramble is that at the beginning i was totally nonchalent about the smear they drum it into you that it's just routine and 9 time out of 10 it's all fine that on this occasion i wasn't prepared for what i got, i know now that i have to be on my guard all the time even if it is routine, it's easier to deal with it.

Not that im suggesting there is reason for usall to worry, it is mostly fine right, it's difficult finding the line, when to panic and when to just chill, to be fair even though i had precancerous cells i do not have cancer, and it doens't mean i will get cancer right? so i dont need to fret about it right, that's what im telling myself, and it's all gravey baby

Elen
26-04-12, 18:27
From what friends that suffer from Health Anxiety have said, they could tell the difference when it really was something serious.

pearl79
26-04-12, 22:03
i live my life thinking it every day :(

katielou80
27-04-12, 06:17
i live my life thinking it every day too!! its pants

Hypo
27-04-12, 08:37
Yes!!

I live my life like this.. and not just over health issues. I have OCD.