PDA

View Full Version : feel like i can't breathe!

marjo
15-05-04, 16:28
Hi there- i'm new to this. feeling like i can't breathe well- can't take deep breaths or complete a yawn- exhausting and scary. went thru this 6 or so years ago, took paxil and luvox- did not like side effects, so don't want to repeat that- this is all happening after a really hard winter of loss, just when things are looking up. any suggestions from anyone? i am a 55 year young mother of 3 grandmother of going on 4- still energetic and young for my age. hate not breathing easy!! i know i won't die from this but i still don't like it!! thanks. breathe well- marjo

Meg
15-05-04, 18:28
Welcome to the site,

Remember that whan you're nervous or anxious your lungs do expand , needing more air then usual so although it feels short of breath , actually it isn't, you need more than usual.

Count of 3 in - count of 5 out.

Good luck.

Meg

'There can only be true courage when first there is genuine fear'

Dr.David Livingstone

uryjm
16-05-04, 08:22
It might be worthwhile getting some tuition on how to breathe properly, from a yoga teacher perhaps?

Jim

seh1980
20-05-04, 15:15
Hi there,
I used to have a similar problem. It is pretty scary!! I just did some breathing exercises and also relaxation tapes really help. I don't have a problem with breathing anymore. I always found that it would play on my mind and it would only happen when I was thinking about it.
Take care.
Sarah (seh1980)

me
21-05-04, 12:12
hello marjo, welcome to the site x sorry to hear your breathing problems have arisen again, when does it happen? are you stressed about anything? isometimes feel i cant breath when im going to sleep its horrible but like sarah says above i listern to a relaxation tape which takes my mind off of it. i hope you are feeling abit better take care from mary