PDA

View Full Version : ibuprofen and citalopram

wlizzie
26-04-12, 08:22
hi ,
I'v been on ibuprofen for 2months for a suspected disc herniation ,while waiting for an mri i developed anxiety and depression so doc started me on cit a week ago, i'v had normal side effects so far but this morning i was sure there was blood when i retching.
Dont really want to go back to doc as i saw him yesterday.
Also is it normal to wake every morning feeling like my whole body is full of adreniline?

oneofus
26-04-12, 10:00
ibuprofen and cit shouldn't be taken together for exactly the reason you describe. I would give your doc a ring and see if he can provide a more suitable pain relief.

one of us

william wallace
26-04-12, 10:42
hi ,
Also is it normal to wake every morning feeling like my whole body is full of adreniline?

That's the shitalopram starting to work it's magic:D Expect it for a few weeks to come:)

wlizzie
26-04-12, 11:43
thanks for the input guys.
I decided to stop the ibuprofen for now and il contact the doc if the pain gets bad again.
As for these side effects i hope they wear off soon, my boyfriend is very supportive and caring but i dont think he fully gets what these meds are doing and i feel like its not fair hes having to look after me for days or weeks while they kick in.

morning_blues
26-04-12, 21:42
Hi,
You can take codeine with cit so worth popping back to your gp for a prescription. It's quite strong but good! I take it for migraine with no probs.
Good luck with the cit, hopefully the anxiety will start to fade soon, you should notice a difference in the next week or two hopefully.