PDA

View Full Version : No Alcohol for 3 Days....Symptoms?

Em84
26-04-12, 12:10
Hi

After my post on Monday and how freaked i was about the hangover symptoms i decided to not drink this week and see how i go....I usually have a good few beers at night, it has always made my anixety go and it gets me to sleep. I never usually feel bad in the morning but as my anx was sky high on sunday i had one or 2 more and was in a mess on monday.....

Monday i had half a beer and a few alcohol free...this is for the habit of drinking something
Tuesday Same
Wednesday only a few alochol free.....

I feel pretty good, the anxiety is still here but maybe not as bad...Im struggling though to get to sleep..i lay there for ages.....Def up later than usual.

Ive also noticed my stools are now rock solid...sorry TMI, but i feel quite bloated aswell and my tummy is bloated.
I have some chest pains, and feel sicky some points and a little dizzy....

Is this usual? Like my body is trying to sort itself out?
My appitite has picked up dramatically....

Just wondered if anyone had experienced funny symptoms when sudenly not drinking....

:wacko:

xxx

---------- Post added at 12:10 ---------- Previous post was at 12:09 ----------

ok ok noticed i wrote 3 days haha but ok half a beer is not a drink for me...trust me lol

Mountainclimber
26-04-12, 12:32
Well done for coming of the booze ship,i used to drink three bottles of brandy a week, i to thought it helped me to sleep, how wrong i was. I t takes time for you body and mind to forget the habit. I got sleep less nights at first, but that subsided.
I found exercise helps alot. I posted two threads today, called RECOVERY and one called CURE please read them they may help you, take care stay strong.:D

nomorepanic
26-04-12, 13:03
Most of that sounds normal when you stop alcohol especially the sleep and stools

eight days a week
26-04-12, 13:08
It sounds like your body (and particularly your brain chemistry) is sorting itself out. It takes a while to get back to normal, but the most dramatic part will be the first few days...as long as you don't get the shakes and stuff you will be fine I think :)

Your sleep will sort itself out with time. If you can do as much during the day as possible so you're physically really tired it'll be easier to drop off.

You're eating more and drinking less, so your stools would be more solid I think! Try drinking more of other kinds of liquid so you're not dehydrated. You could also try to eat more fruit and veg, or even take a natural laxative from the chemists.

Good luck!