PDA

View Full Version : Gabapentin?

rapidhopeloss
26-04-12, 12:57
Hey all......I know there are mixed opinions on Gabapentin to be used for anxiety, but I am just wondering if anybody on here has tried it? and what results you got with it?

I Rang my doctor today about my anxiety and she is trying me out on them, Because they have helped a few of my family members with anxiety and so she thinks they might help me? :\ I don't see it, my anxiety is a hell of a lot different to my sister and mother, and also..well part of me believes its not anxiety it's just me going crazy and stuff, especially with my horrible intrusive thoughts :(

I'm not convinced that they will do a damn thing though and also I am worried about taking them as I HATE taking new medication incase I have horrible side effects...

So yeah, Enough babbling, Any opinions on this med??

nomorepanic
26-04-12, 13:02
Hi there

If you scroll down to the bottom of this page there are some "similar threads" on this so you can have a read of them as well

rapidhopeloss
26-04-12, 13:07
Yes, I have read them too..But they are all fairly old when talking about using with them for anxiety,So I was wondering if anybody had tried them recently.

MrRedShirt
26-04-12, 13:14
Hi, you might want to look into pregabalin. I think it's supposed to be the 'successor' to gabapentin.