PDA

View Full Version : Has any one had good results from Paroxetine

cmc46
26-04-12, 12:59
Hi

My doctor took me off Propranolol (beta blockers) on Monday as they didn't seem to be helping and has now given me Paroxetine, I took just one 10 mg tablet on Tuesday and felt awful, was in and out of the loo within 2 hours, I now don't know whether to take any more, the reason of my anxiety is loss of appetite after having food poisoning last November, well I see this is one of the side effects plus nausea which I have got already.

Would welcome your comments.

Kelley
26-04-12, 13:07
Hey,

I guess it depends how bad your anxiety / depression is......do you have other symptoms than having anxiety while eating? These medications work well and you notice results better usually when treating very deep breakdown. The less severe the condition the more subtle the results will be and the person may not notice much difference.
I have used paroxetine before and can say it worked extremely well for me and rather quickly too. It stopped my breakdown, anxiety, depression and OCD on only 20mg. There are always side effects with these medications and they are worse in the first few weeks but it is worth working through for a life at the other side. People can experience different side effects and some are worse than others. You may be fine and not have many at all. I think the only side effects I had on those were solemness and weight gain. It was a pretty easy one as far as side effects go.
Give them a chance, I'm sure you will be fine and very happy you persevered.

Kel

cmc46
26-04-12, 14:06
Thanks Kel,

It is good to know that they worked for you, it is the side effects that worry me. I am anxious a lot of time, I find it very hard to relax, I seem to feel very uptight all the time and suddenly realise that my shoulders are up around my ears, I try to relax but before long I am like it again.

Thank again

Christine.

LAURA48
26-04-12, 14:47
They don't seem to prescribe them much now - but people who have been on them on this site have had good results:yesyes:

MrRedShirt
26-04-12, 14:55
Hi, I don't take Paroxetine, but I know someone who does and they are doing very well on it.
It's an SSRI, like sertraline , citalopram etc... so there will be the start-up effects that you are feeling. Like those other drugs it can take a while before these disappear and the theraputic, beneficial effects are felt.

cmc46
26-04-12, 16:05
Thanks everyone, that makes me better about taking them.

Kelley
27-04-12, 10:21
Have you continued to take them Christine?

julieannboo
27-04-12, 10:38
yes for the first 9 years.

then seroxat stopped working.

cmc46
27-04-12, 12:51
I'm afraid I'm still thinking about it, I feel better than I did I am wondering if it because I have stopped the propranolol, they seemed to set my nerves on edge but they should have the opposite effect.

julieannboo
27-04-12, 15:07
I'm afraid I'm still thinking about it, I feel better than I did I am wondering if it because I have stopped the propranolol, they seemed to set my nerves on edge but they should have the opposite effect.

why does the doctor feel that you need to be seroxat?

hope that you feel better soon.

cmc46
27-04-12, 22:15
It all started last November when I got food poisoning and my appetite went and still isn't good, the doctor put me on propranolol at Christmas and I have been on them till last Monday when I told him I was still feeling tense and still not much appetite or interest in anything really so he put me on the seroxat. In the meantime I have had a colonoscopy and nothing awful was found but it had to be treated as post infection IBS, the infection has damaged my gut and it could take few years to put right, trouble is everytime I feel a twinge or start to feel sick I panic.

heath480
28-04-12, 21:26
I have had 2episods of depression and both times Seroxat has worked amazingly.I also had no problem at all coming off them.