PDA

View Full Version : What's happening?

Fedex
26-04-12, 13:47
Ok so I'm 19 male and have had depression and anxiety for 6 months! During that time I have had unwanted gay thoughts! With mess and cbt I have come along way and I'm getting much better!
This has been hard because i have had a gf for 1 yr and with these thoughts it's been hard!
My problem now is my fear that I don't love my gf now! When she is away from me I can't picture or remember her! My moods ok but I find it hard to remember her! This is distressing and I want to feel ok!
I wonder what I meant to feel for my gf and whether it's natural!
Am I falling out of love or is it anxiety? Help I wanna be normal!
I look at pics of gf but now I feel nothing! I feel flat and empty when I think of her! What's going on? Reply ASAP!

cas2ce
26-04-12, 14:40
Have you considered that you actually may be gay or bi sexual? Sexuality does not define a person, its simply your sexual preference. Sex is a very natural thing, its religion that tries to teach people that sex is only natural between a man and a woman.

JM9258
27-04-12, 05:41
This sounds like your suffering from obsessive thoughts from OCD keep in mind that our thoughts aren't our beliefs and ARE the complete opposite of who we are, I would suggest going back to your doctor and talking about it, if it has been that long and is bothering you then your not gay it sounds like a spike, also just because you think about these thoughts DOES NOT make you gay, Keep up with the cbt, medication and go back and talk to your doctor, trust me you WILL get through this, hang in there mate :)

---------- Post added at 05:41 ---------- Previous post was at 05:32 ----------

Forgot to mention that if the thoughts are bothering you so much, you WON'T act upon them, if this were not case then it would seem normal to you but I'm thinking that your suffering from unwanted OCD thoughts these can be in the form of obsessions without compulsions aswell known as pure o, I once again suggest going back to your doctor and seek help from a counsellor because you don't have to suffer from this forever, it's just your mind playing tricks with you causing doubt and anxiety.