PDA

View Full Version : Worried about all sorts!!!

krisdeancooper
26-04-12, 20:55
Hello everyone. I've posted several times before about various things related to anxiety and have had some good answers which have kept me going but it's all crashing down on me now. I'm gonna list the symptoms that I have and if possible I'd like people to tell me if they are normal for anxiety or if I likely have something else.

Feeling warm in hands and feet after exercise
Lethargic feeling most of the day
Memory problems (could be related to the amount of alcohol I drink)
Stiff feeling legs/knees and arms
Heart palpitations
Trouble breathing most of the time

Are these all symptoms anxiety sufferers usually face? I am convinced I have some form of cancer or vcjd and I'm going nuts. I've cut caffeine and alcohol out for the past two days and my heart is beating much more regularly rather than sporadically and I've had no heart thuds either.

My main problem lately is that I seem to have very stiff legs, especially my knees and ankles, and my arms often feel heavy, as well as my head. My memory has also gone pretty shitty but I usually drink every day after work and when I'm not working I drink most of the day so I'm not sure if that's affecting my memory. Has anyone else had all these symptoms and been tested for cancers and vcjd etc? Anyone who was also worried but is still here many years later? Please help, thank you.

konrad
26-04-12, 21:06
I think all those symptoms sound rather typical of anxiety related problems,
when you are anxious, you tend to forget things, you are also tense then, so joints will feel stiff. I don't think you have anything to worry about.
If you have reason to believe that there is another health issue, see your GP.
If you scan through the forum, you will see that there are more anxiety related symptoms than any of us could imagine, some are quite common, others are more rare and some might be unique to one person.

krisdeancooper
26-04-12, 21:11
Thanks for the swift reply Konrad. Looking for a few more people to reassure me but this is good advice. My legs haven't hurt me for all that long and I'd say this wasn't so prominent when I first developed anxiety almost two years ago. I'm not sure how long they've seemed stiff but I'm sure it's just me looking for something else to worry about. I think deep down I know this is anxiety, but that's not how this illness let's me perceive it.