PDA

View Full Version : Please help me!!

Amysunshine
26-04-12, 23:00
Please I have written a post before but I didnt get a response :weep:
I have had a tingly foot for 2 weeks now that has been numb and cold. When I press a certain area on my foot its sending tingles to my toes. I have just researched on doctor google WRONG THING TO DO!!
I am now absolutely terrified that I have MS. Saw it said MSworld and someone saying they had tingles in their left foot. This is exactly where mine is. I cant believe that I could have it but the other side of me thinks yes of course I can ANYONE could get it. I have a doctors appt on wednesday for it and Ive been fine with it up until now but now I had 5 minutes to myself Ive researched and the only things that are coming up are either Heart disease or MS/neurological problems. I think I would rather have the heart issue as at least they could maybe do something about it. This is so stressfull I have been doing well with my health anxiety and now this bloody happens and its not a symptom I can make up it is genuinely there and feelable every second of the day for the last two weeks. please someone help :(

Trish
26-04-12, 23:08
It could possibly be a trapped nerve, that would give you the same symptoms.

Trish x

Amysunshine
26-04-12, 23:10
I dont think I can deal with this Im ready to burst into tears, I dont know what to do. :( I think Im on my way to a panic attack :'( I just researched further and it said numbness in the foot should not be taken lightly. Omg cant believe after every thing this could actually be serious. I am devastated. All the symptoms I usually panic over are nothing compared to this because this is actually real. Dont know what to do because my friends dont seem bothered, I can assure they would be bothered if they had this. I have never heard of this before.

---------- Post added at 23:10 ---------- Previous post was at 23:09 ----------

I researched trapped nerve in the foot and it says its usually between the toes. this is on the top of my foot right in the middle which is sending tingles to my toes if pressed on. Do you think it sounds like a nerve? I really am panicking more then anything over this xx

Breezay
26-04-12, 23:19
I second it being a trapped nerve.. I trapped a couple earlier in the year. One in my foot and one in my hand! The one in my hand made the last two fingers on my left hand go completely numb (Which freaked me out no end!) and then the trapped nerve in my foot made two of my middle toes go numb.

I went to my GP once my toes went numb because I was somewhat concerned and he told me it was nothing more than a trapped nerve. It stayed with me for a while but now it's completely disappeared, as has my finger numbness :)

Please try not to Google so much, it will drive you crazy! I'm sure it's nothing serious. If it keeps bothering you, then pop to your GP and see what they suggest. Sometimes they can offer advice for trapped nerves that are particularly bothersome. x

Trish
26-04-12, 23:21
Yes I do, more so than MS!

Please don't google anymore it will only make you more upset.

If you think you can't wait until Wednesday to see your GP make an appt for tomorrow for peace of mind.

I know it's hard to do but please try and not worry.

:bighug1:Trish x

Amysunshine
26-04-12, 23:24
Would a trapped nerve make your foot feel cold as well (granted I only felt this once last week for the whole day and then it disappeared I havent had it since). And also where would this trapped nerve have come from? I havent damaged my feet at all.
Breezay did yours stay for long? Longer then 2 weeks? It comes and goes as well. I have no pain from it. Literally just tingly. and when Im walking I dont notice it. x

---------- Post added at 23:24 ---------- Previous post was at 23:22 ----------

P.s Im sorry for panicing, I feel like a fool. But ive done really well with it the last two weeks and now that it hasnt gone Ive researched and its sent me over the edge. Thanks for replying. Im going to wait until wednesday as I dont want to be a pain to the doctors. x

Breezay
26-04-12, 23:27
Would a trapped nerve make your foot feel cold as well (granted I only felt this once last week for the whole day and then it disappeared I havent had it since). And also where would this trapped nerve have come from? I havent damaged my feet at all.
Breezay did yours stay for long? Longer then 2 weeks? It comes and goes as well. I have no pain from it. Literally just tingly. and when Im walking I dont notice it. x

Yep, I had it for a couple of months at least! I don't really know what caused it either, I must have stepped wrong one day! There was nothing my GP could do for it, he just told me to rest it when I could & to put my feet up to keep blood circulating throughout & that helped it to heal.

Amysunshine
26-04-12, 23:40
Thanks I do feel more reassured. Did you get pins and needles from it as well? I havent had it the last couple of days but when I laid in bed last week I kept getting pins and needles in the hole of my foot (not severe, more tingly) that wouldnt go unless I walked around. This is what concerns me that its more then a trapped nerve. But I guess I will have to wait until wed x

Breezay
26-04-12, 23:48
Even now, I get pins and needles more often in my left leg than I used to (& more than my right leg). I got it a lot with my hand as well.. Some days it would be completely numb, others it would be tingly. In fact, the first day I did my hand, it came on as tingly pins and needles in two fingers. It slowly turned to numbness. My toes on the other hand started the other way around. I first noticed it when I thought I had a hole in my sock! But actually, the toes I thought were poking out were actually numb! Lol.

I do think your Dr will be able to put your mind at ease more than I can.. I had no idea what was causing my numbness. It really worried me that it was in my left hand - I immediately thought heart attack! Thankfully, it was the only useful time to do a Google search because it was such a specific thing. My little finger and half of my ring finger was numb - that is only caused by one particular nerve, the Ulnar nerve :) As soon as I told my GP where the numbness was, he said it was that nerve!

You're bound to feel sensations as the nerve repairs itself :) Try to reassure yourself until you see your GP on Weds. x

Amysunshine
26-04-12, 23:55
Now I come to think of it, the feeling hasnt been so obvious the last couple of days and Ive been prodding it to see if its still there. Whereas now I think actually, the feeling was obvious to me last week without me having to touch it. So maybe youre right, that it is healing itself which is why I now feel the need to press my foot to find it? Prodding it made me realise that one specific spot on my foot that I prod is sending tingles every where, which makes more sense that its one nerve, rather then coming from my brain/circulation problems right? I know youre not a doctor so you cant say, but realistically if it was you would you think the same? x

Rachel1984
27-04-12, 10:11
I went thru a phase not long ago where I was convinced I had a brain tumor (not completely out of it) and I would test my arms and legs the whole time to see if they were weak and functioning properly. Then I couldn't stop panicking every time I got a tingling sensation or pins and needles... you have to take your mind off of it, as hard as it sounds, and i it will go away. The more u focus on it, the more you'll experience the symptoms... a trick I try with myself when I notice I'm particularly panicky about one area- like my head for example, then I try to focus myself on a different part of my body, like my arms, to see which symptoms I'm experiencing there....

G'luck, and keep us posted!! I'm pretty sure it's nothing xxx

Breezay
27-04-12, 16:13
Now I come to think of it, the feeling hasnt been so obvious the last couple of days and Ive been prodding it to see if its still there. Whereas now I think actually, the feeling was obvious to me last week without me having to touch it. So maybe youre right, that it is healing itself which is why I now feel the need to press my foot to find it? Prodding it made me realise that one specific spot on my foot that I prod is sending tingles every where, which makes more sense that its one nerve, rather then coming from my brain/circulation problems right? I know youre not a doctor so you cant say, but realistically if it was you would you think the same? x

I would certainly have come to the same conclusion, if the discomfort isn't there unless your pushing it then I would definitely think it was more localised :) I know mine lasted for a couple of months, but then it just disappeared and I've not noticed it since. Hopefully yours will do the same thing.

jade1978
28-04-12, 13:17
I just wanted to add that I have a similar sensation in my left hand and in particular my little finger, when I press it it kind of sends a tingly pins + needles sensation to little and ring finger. Its really strange. Ive come to the conclusion though that it too must be quite localised as it only happens when I use my hand.

Breezay
29-04-12, 18:18
I just wanted to add that I have a similar sensation in my left hand and in particular my little finger, when I press it it kind of sends a tingly pins + needles sensation to little and ring finger. Its really strange. Ive come to the conclusion though that it too must be quite localised as it only happens when I use my hand.

That sounds like the same thing I had.. You might have banged your Ulnar Nerve - which, when damaged (even ever so slightly) can cause numbness and pins & needles in your little finger and ring finger :) My GP told me that the Ulnar nerve is on the outside of the elbow, so bumping your funny bone can do it! Lol. If that's what you've done then it should heal in time :) I actually Googled ways to ease it & that helped :)

Amysunshine
02-05-12, 21:05
Hey guys its eased off a hell of a lot but went ahead with the doctors today anyway on advice from my friends who seemed more concerned then me in the end! Doc said that its actually unlikely for mine to be a trapped nerve as its not the usual place for one. He was honest and said didnt know what it was and had not heard of a complaint in that particular area of the foot before. He asked if I had traumered it and I said no and there was no bruising or marking to suggest I had. The only advice he could give me was not to wear tight shoes lol. He said if it continues at the level it is and it isnt bothering me then I should just ignore it and put it to the back of my mind. He also said that if I begin to notice any other sensory motor issues I should come back. ..Not sure what these are and Im not going to search them as Ill end up thinking all sorts up. Just gonna go with the flow I guess and hope that nothing else crops up as this could really set my HA off in the longrun. Thanks for all your messages x