PDA

View Full Version : short stingin pain side of head scared please reply

sherylee xx
26-04-12, 23:36
i just started gettin a sharp stingin pain at the side of my head and been feelin weird all evenin like theres a band around my head and just not right :( the pain only lasts afew seconds but keeps happenin im so scared :( please reply xx

---------- Post added at 23:36 ---------- Previous post was at 23:32 ----------

oh and i have a pullin kind of pain in the front of my neck when i move xx

Amysunshine
26-04-12, 23:49
Hey have you had many fluids today? Could be something as simple as dehydration. I get sharp pains through my head and drink some water and it dies down. Or could just be a simpe headache/Passing pain that doesnt have a reason. Maybe you could be tired or coming down with a cold. There are a huge number of things it could be. Please try not to worry x

sherylee xx
26-04-12, 23:51
thanks hun it has just shook me abit as i havent felt good all night my head kind of feels like theres a damp t4owel on my head and my scalp i prickly and as i said the tight band feelin then the stingin pain :( xx

Amysunshine
26-04-12, 23:58
The fact you havent felt good all night suggests its probably part of you feeling unwell. You could be run down/tired as I said. Maybe take some painkillers if youre not on other medication etc and you are able to. and then try and get some sleep. Im sure when you wake up in the morning or a couple of days if you become ill, it will then feel better. It could also be a migraine but Im not sure as Ive not had one before. x

sherylee xx
27-04-12, 00:00
thanks again hun my gp gave me some nasal spray as she thinks i may7 have hay fever could allergies cause this do you think?? xx

Amysunshine
27-04-12, 00:06
Do you mean she gave you the hayfever spray because of your headaches? or do you mean has the spray caused headaches? Have you used it yet
I think hayfever can cause headaches yeah :)
How long have you had the headaches for? x

sherylee xx
27-04-12, 00:11
she gave it to me because i had a heavy feelin eye and blurry in that ee and said it was hayfever theyr not headaches as such just random pains :( xx

Amysunshine
27-04-12, 00:24
ahh ok, well try not to worry about it tonight. We all get random headaches and pains that can last hours/days. I wouldnt worry unless it is excruciating (in which case it could still be something like a migraine, which ive heard is very painful) and honestly try drinking the water it works for me you could be dehydrated (check your urine if its yellow then you probably are, the more water like it is the more hydrated you are)
Also this may sound strange, its a technique that Ive learnt, some people dont believe it works, but for others it does. Between your thumb and your first finger there is a pressure area. Youll be able to feel the pressure as soon as u squeeze it(Search it online its hard to describe on here) but this pressure area is said to be linked to your head. So when you press this pressure area it is like pressing the pressure areas that ache in your head and if you hold it for long enough, it should stop the headache. Hold it untill you start to feel it ease. a minute or so. It might not work depends what type of headache it is. Sounds crazy I know but search it its true and works for me and my friends. xx

sherylee xx
27-04-12, 01:31
aw thankyou hun thats so helpfull :) and il deffo drink more water as i hardly drink any7, thankyou so much hun for all you advise :) xx

sherylee xx
27-04-12, 14:07
hey peeps well last night got afew short stingin pains that left me worried and my face abit numb and tingly i got over it and went to bed well its just happend again and left me feelin the same its like a little bee sting pain its like nothin iv had before and now on the same side the lowe part of my head is hurtin like an achin feelin is this a particular type of headache and has anyone had this?? maybe nerves?? xx