PDA

View Full Version : Family resent me

Underkill
05-07-06, 18:30
On saturday i had a huge arguement with my family. my older sister and my younger brother were as usual calling me a 'fake' and a 'dole-dosser' and other untrue remarks. I'd had alot to drink and i became aggressive and finally stood up for myself by telling them to mind their own business and that they don't know what it's like to have anxiety. A scuffle ensued and my mum hit me hard across my face. i was in disbelief and ran away. i spent the night freezing cold and scared as the only safe place for me to spend the night was in the local cemetary. The next morning i made my way home and snuck in. I'm reaching breaking point and i'm afraid i might hurt myself or someone else. I can't stand them bullying me. They say i'm lazy and i'm pretending to be ill. Sometimes i wish i'd have the guts to kill them all so i can live in peace.[B)]

Ross
05-07-06, 19:40
I am very sorry to hear that you are experiencing problems at home. Your family are the people you most need help and support from. I shared similar experiences with my immediate family. The problem is, they dont understand Mental Health Issues. Afterall, it is very difficult to recognise something without a physical form. You cannot blame them for not understanding, but you are entitled to be upset and angry with them for treating you in the manner they are. Why dont you find some posts from others on this site with similar problems to your own, read them carefully and print them to show your parents and siblings...... It will help you to better understand your condition, and will allow your family to see that you are genuinly ill, and not work-shy.

eeyorelover
05-07-06, 19:49
Hi there -
So sorry to hear that you are having a hard time. I know that dealing with family members that don't understand what anxiety and the like are about can be really difficult.
You can't let them bully you but just remember that when you lose you temper, people really don't hear what you have to say. Try to remain as calm as possible in order to get your point across.
I hope that things get better for you real soon :)
Sandy
eeyorelover

dawnym
06-07-06, 21:36
Bless you I totally understand I haven't seen my family for 12months they totally dont understand my invisible illness and I just end up getting acused of thriving in self pity.
You have found a really good place to chat and get some help no-one here will judge you,we have all been in similar places but I stayed in a bus shelter.Please dont do anything hasty whenever they make you feel bad come and say all those things your not allowed to,I do and it really does help it stops it all going round in your head.
No-one without these illness's can understand how you feel but here there will always be someone who gets what you mean.
Be strong and stay safe xxxxxxx

carol1969
08-07-06, 15:36
Its tough that your family are not listening to you. I understand where you are coming from as my dad wont recognise my anxiety at all and he really frustrates me. Take refuge in the fact that you have people to talk to on this site.
Carol x

If you have peace of mind you have everything