PDA

View Full Version : when i take diazepam i seem to panic

magnerslol
27-04-12, 11:18
hey guys im new here and i have a question i smoked some weed about 2 weeks ago and since then im constantly having panic attacks i stopped smoking it i went to my doctors they gave me some diazepam but it seems to trigger my panick attacks at night is this possible i can take them in the day and be fine but has soon has it gets to night and i take them i panic

grotbags
27-04-12, 12:55
It seems unusual to panic from diazepam. If I take the right dose, I can't panic if I try. What dose are you on?

Panic attacks from weed is common. It's scary but once you come to terms with it and realise you're not brain damaged or anything, it gets easier.

magnerslol
27-04-12, 13:47
It seems unusual to panic from diazepam. If I take the right dose, I can't panic if I try. What dose are you on?

Panic attacks from weed is common. It's scary but once you come to terms with it and realise you're not brain damaged or anything, it gets easier.im on 2mg i dont smoke weed anymore ive had the panic attacks for 2 weeks

grotbags
29-04-12, 19:37
2mg is kind of a low dose, although seeing as you're new to it, it should work well. But benzos are not always a good idea anyway... have you got a good doctor? I would go back and see what they say because there must be a better option. Panic attacks which are triggered by weed do tend to burn themselves out fairly quickly. Sometimes it's kind of like PTSD because the d/dr panic when you're high is very disturbing.

shotokansho
01-05-12, 19:51
I had panic attacks for years and the only thing that solved them was Escitalopram. Although I still suffer with anxiety. My doctor has recently prescribed me 2mg tablets of Diazepam and they didn't do very much. I took two today and and I instantly felt weird and chilled out, in fact quite spaced. But I think I know what you mean, when I started to get these feelings I had a short few minutes of panic because of how weird I felt. But it soon subsided and I got used to the spacey feeling and felt quite relaxed.