PDA

View Full Version : Pain in thigh

ella32
27-04-12, 12:41
Hi all i have a pain in my thigh since yesterday. I dont have swelling or rash or hot sensation in it its just very painfull and im worried about a dvt. Im not the most energetic person so i dont get around much. I have same pulse on my foot as i have on the one thats not sore if that means anything. I do smoke though. Can anyone plse give me advice as i dont want to go to doc again.

ella32
27-04-12, 16:40
Hi all i ve had a pain in my thigh since yesterday and its very sore. I dont have swelling, rash or its not hot to touch its just painfull. Im not the most energetic person so im not very mobile i do smoke. I have the same strenght pulse in both my feet if that helps any bit. Anyway im just scared that it might b a dvt and just wondering if anyone can help me as i dont want to go doc if it nothing. Thanks

macc noodle
27-04-12, 19:14
More likely just a pulled muscle!

AnnOBrien
28-04-12, 18:48
Hi Ella, I wonder if you just managed to bang your thigh a while ago and now there is a bit of an internal bruise? DVT would cause the leg to swell usually and be a bit discoloured. I would move about on it a bit, since you say you're not too energetic, and I'm sure the pain will improve in a few days. Also, can't let you get away without telling you to look after yourself and stop that smoking!! There are so many aids out there right now to help you along your way, so go for it! :-)

ella32
28-04-12, 20:23
Hi im suffering with a pain in my thigh last few days and having anxiety my mind thinks its a dvt of course. I dont have swelling or its not hot to touch and the pulse is the same in both feet if that helps it sends me into panic mode because i have slight pain in chest now aswell..... Had chest pain dealt with in a@e monday they said it was non cardiac but doesnt put mind at ease right now. Just scared i have dvt now cause im not the most mobile person in the world. Plse help anyone

honeyb
28-04-12, 20:46
Sounds muscular to me. I find the tops of my legs and thighs hurt if i've been in heels too.

ella32
28-04-12, 22:06
Thanks for getting back to me. I hate that anxiety makes u think the worst case senario . When will a pain just b a pain..... I look forward to that day . Its time consuming worrying all the time. Id like to reach a point where i have control over my anxiety and it doesnt control me...... Thanks again.