PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety CAUSES Cancer!

Pinkcasi
27-04-12, 13:24
Ok so i know that this is probably not helpful to post this as it may cause problems for others but i cant breathe and my chest is really tight so i have to share.

I was just reading the Free newspaper you get on the bus the Metro and i normally skip past anything that looks like it might fuel the anxiety or panic but how can you skip past the headline 'Anxiety raises cancer risk' apparently it says that if you are of a nervous dispoosition you are more likely to develop aggressive forms of cancer.

It's just made me totally freak out, i seriously cant breathe, i know that fretting about these things isn't good it fuels the horrible anxiety symptoms but anxiety actually causing cancer, what the hell am I supposed to do now, it's like im just screwed and now i have to worry about that fact that worrying might actually make me ill for real! i cant even get my head round it, it's like im going to actually give myself cancer, like it's not bad enough that i smoke!!!

I feel sick, like properly sick :(

bottleblond
27-04-12, 13:44
I honestly wouldn't believe everything you read hun. It's just stupid scaremongering. xx

Wilkes
27-04-12, 13:50
Bloody Hell!!!!
Would like to have a word with the so called professional who authorised that one!!

Muppet...

Pinkcasi
27-04-12, 14:00
But think about it Anxiety does make you ill it puts pressure on your body all the 'tenseness' all the time, the chest pain the panic attacks cant be good for a body, and it lowers the immune system it stands to reason that people like us re going to get ill-er than a 'normal' laid back person doesn't it?

sherylee xx
27-04-12, 14:00
hun in this day and age most things cause it apparently i wouldnt worry xx

swgrl09
27-04-12, 14:03
hah, I agree with sherylee. Every day something else will give you cancer that we all use all the time. It's unavoidable really. Can't worry about all of them I guess (although I sometimes do, hah.)

Pinkcasi
27-04-12, 14:07
Ok ok, you guys are right, thanks you someone i just need someone to say 'dont be stupid' while it's difficult to 'just not worry' the 'sensible' part of my brain is saying it's fine dont be silly, and the 'mental' bit is saying what's that pain in my neck Argh!!!!

swgrl09
27-04-12, 14:10
Oh I totally have the sensible and the mental bit too!!! Sometimes I feel crazy because it's like a conversation/fight with myself!

Pinkcasi
27-04-12, 14:17
Ha ha yeah, and it's exhausting and mental almost always wins.

bottleblond
27-04-12, 14:31
I think it's all mumbo jumbo...I had anxiety and panic attacks most of my life and i am rarely ill. I think i have had one cold in about 5 years whilst everyone round about me has had all sorts.

I used to panic about all these crazy statistics too but just shrug them off and think 'whateva' now.

Don't give it head space.

x

Pinkcasi
27-04-12, 14:35
Yeha i know your right and normally i dont i really dont, i mean i smoke and i drink and i eat crap, it's not like im afraid of the nice things killing me, well i am but i do it anyway, im just so tense at the moment, it's any tiny little thing might set me off you know, this was just todays trauma, i feel better tho have a headache and still that kinda weird bleugh like theres something in the back of my throat you know? i always get it when a panic attack comes, and i feel sick, still that's todays over with i can worry about what lil gem's tomorrow holds :)